24 - Before

For the next few hours, the two laid there. Michael never fell asleep. It was still light out. Sure, he was able to fall asleep but he just didn't. Michael had gained the ability to fall asleep wherever and whenever he wished. 

//It could actually be James who can do that. Or both of them. Or neither of them and it could be someone else. Oh well.\\

James shifted in his sleep a bit. Michael looked over at him to see James' eyes opened. His magnificent blue eyes moved to Michael. "Did you not sleep?" James asked, his voice a whisper. 

Michael shook his head. "No, I didn't. How well did you sleep?" 

"I slept really good, actually. I feel recharged." James said with a small smile. Michael nodded. "Good." 

James nuzzled Michael's shoulder making Fassy's face go pink. 

There was an urgent knock and in came Ellen. She froze when she saw them. "I hate to ruin this... beautiful moment but Pryde got word that cherik's captors have the set's location. They're preparing for attack already. They seriously want our new mutations." 

"Attack? Here?" Both men sat up, alarmed. "When?" Asked James. 

"It's not like they sent us a text saying what time they are coming over. They don't even know that we know!" Ellen said. "But soon. I don't know if there's enough time to get everyone out." 

"They wouldn't believe us if we told them. Simon's pissed at us already. They won't leave." Michael said. 

"So then we fight here."

"And put everyone else here in danger?" James challenged. 

"What if we get them to fight with us. Not directly but from a distance. Nick can shoot a gun. So can a bunch of others. If we get them to help, they can be a backup. 'Cause who knows how many of them we'll have to face." Fassbender suggests. 

There's a quick silence as the two other actors think through Michael's idea. 

"Where do we get the weapons? There won't be enough time to go out and buy some." James states, pointing out a flaw in Fassy's idea. 

Michael thinks for a second. "The Astral Plane! I was able to bring back the sword from when I- defeated the Shadow King. Maybe we can get weapons there and bring it back here." 

Ellen nods. "That could work." 

And so, they started up their plan, hoping it would work and fearing what would happen if it didn't. 

"Michael, I'll send you to the Astral Plane. James you go and warn everyone else. Use your powers to try and convince them. There's no holding back now. We need to use all we have and we need to stay alive." Ellen says, taking charge. 

The two male actors nod. "I'm going to change into something more appropriate, first." James says to them. 

"Be quick." Ellen says sternly. 

James goes into the bathroom with a new pair of clothes while Michael tries to calm himself.

Already, they had faced the possibility of dying and Michael was still not ok with it. Sure, he had had a nice, somewhat long life but he still could live to an old age and wanted to live to an old age. He didn't want his race to come to an end. 

And if he did die during this battle, he would never get the change to really tell James his feelings. 

Michael looked up at the closed door of James' bathroom. He made his mind up. He would tell him. And if his Scottish friend didn't have the same feelings... he would have almost nothing to live for. 

The door opened and James walked out. McAvoy was now wearing an outfit close to those of Barry in Split. Except James was giving off a vibe of "don't mess with me or I'll shoot your eye out". 

Ellen had already seen the determined look on Michael's face when he was staring at the bathroom door. She had given Michael a pat on the back as a good luck sign and left to wait outside. She knew what was going on between the two and knew it was best if she left. 

Michael hadn't even realized that Ellen was outside or that she left so he and James could have a moment alone. 

"Hey, uh, James?" Michael asked, standing up and going over to his friend. 

James looked back at him, a tad bit confused on why Michael was so close to him. "Yeah, mate? Whassup?" 

Michael took a breath before leaning in and kissing James gently. The pink in Michael's face seemed to spread to James' face. 

James wrapped his arms around Michael, having to go onto his tiptoes to do so. The two were finally connected. They stayed like that until both of them needed air. James and Michael pulled away from each other. 

"I love you, James." Michael said quietly. 

I love you too, Michael. James responded mentally. 

"Please." Michael begged. "Don't die on me. Don't leave me." 

James gently stroked Michael's face, his finger tracing along his jawline. "I won't. Promise me you won't leave me?" 

Michael nods once. "I promise." 

The two share another, shorter kiss. 

"I'll see you in a bit." James sais before turning and leaving his trailer. 

After James left, Ellen walked back in. 

"It went well, I presume?" She asked with a small smirk. 

Michael only smiled at her. 

"C'mon, lovebird. We have to focus on what's going on, now." Ellen said, reminding Michael of the real, not fair, harsh world he lived in. "Put your head near the back of the bed." She commanded. 

Michael laid back down and prepared himself. 

"Let's get this shit show on the road."

//*laughs* I can't do fluff\\