14 - Ghost

//Trigger warning: possession\\

"JAMES" I yelled, jumping to James' side. I pulled his hands away from his face and forced him to look at me. James' eyes had turned red.

"James?" 

Sadie and Kris stood behind me, shocked.

"What's wrong with him?" Sadie asked her voice high. 

"I don't know." I answer.

James growls at me, before his eyes snap shut and he falls limp. I grab him before he hits the floor. 

"Bring him to the hospital." Kris orders. I shake away her suggestion. "No, we can't do that. Get Chris. Bring him to the hospital. There's bound to be one close to here."

"What about James?" Asks Kris. 

I look at James laying in my arms. "I've got him." I say quietly. 

There's a stillness in the room before Sadie and Kris went into the room. Chris was on the floor. He and James were in similar positions. Both of them were unconscious. 

My eyes scan James' wonderful body. It almost looks peaceful. He keeps twitching, which really makes me worried. 

The first thought that came to mind about what was happening to him is possession. That thing was a ghost.

But. This is real life, I remind myself. 

I HAVE THE MAGICAL POWERS OF A MUTANT SUPERHERO. 

I take a breath. I was arguing with myself. Again.

My mind went through the memories of— anything that could give an explanation to this. 'Mutant superhero'.... 

Then it hit me. What if this thing is a mutant! Or some super villain that lived in Erik and Charles' world. That would mean... shit. That would mean they found us. Or one of them did.

"Is there any super villains in the X-Men universe with the ability to posses others?" I ask. 

Kris and Sadie both look over at me, confused. It was a weird question I asked them, but it was necessary. 

I can see them thinking. Kris shook her head a bit. "No, I don't think there is one.." she said. 

I took out my phone and typed in "possession x men villains".

Something came up. 

Holy fuck. 

The Shadow King. Also known as Amahl Farouk. The mutant who had the ability to possess others. And his arch nemesis... is Charles Xavier. 

Crap. 

I read further and discovered that it took almost too much effort for this enemy to be killed. Or stopped. 

It made the real Charles Xavier pass out for a long while after he defeated the Shadow King. That was just the first time they encountered. 

Professor X, a trained and experienced mutant who has had a mutation for most of his life, passed out for a fucking week after this battle. 

James has had this power for so little time. He has barely practiced. How the hell is he supposed to defeat a villain like the Shadow King? 

I looked up from my phone to realize Kris and Sadie were already ready with Chris. They had called an ambulance. And I realized they couldn't see James. 

"I have to get out of here." I mutter. 

Whoever else is with the Shadow King will be looking for that monster soon. But I can't take him back to set, then that possessive demon will know where we stay. Hell, it might already know if it's searched James' memories. 

Plus the Shadow King is a telepath. 

Fuck. 

My phone buzzes in my hand. I had a text message from a new number that I didn't recognize. I pressed down on the notification and it took me to the messages app. 

"Hey, Michael. It's Ellen. Ellen Page. I heard the X-set is in Boston. I'm currently here in Boston, as well. Yeah. We need to talk. It's important."