19 - Confessions and Guesses

Michael's eyes opened slowly. He sat up and looked around. He was still at Ellen's house. Or where Ellen was staying? The first thing Fassy noticed was that his sword was lying around the ground next to the couch he was sitting on. 

The next thing he noticed was Ellen caring to a slowly awakening James. Michael let out a sigh of relief before standing up. He stood up a little too quickly and had to place a hand on the armrest of the couch to steady himself. 

"James?" Michael spoke. Both James and Ellen looked over to him. "Erik always takes so long to wake up as well" Page-Pryde noted. 

I ignored her and kept my eyes on James. 

"M-Mike.." James' voice sounded weak. I clumsily walked over to them. "Health update?" I asked Kitty. 

"Tired and weakened from the battle. McAvoy here fought hard and long. Might take a bit of time  for recovery, but he'll be alright." 

"Can you leave us for a few?" Michael asked not letting his eyes leave James'. Kitty sighed. "Fine. Ten minutes tops, though." She said before leaving the two alone. 

As soon as the door closed, Michael pulled James into a hug. James hesitantly hugged back. After seconds, James relaxed and put his head on Michael's shoulder, feeling extremely tired. The two sat like this for a few minutes before Michael pulled away. 

James was the first to talk. "Michael... I'm sorry for yelling." He said quietly. 

Truth be told, Michael had completely forgotten about the small fight he and James had had. Michael didn't care about the fight or the drama, he only cared about the fact that James was ok. 

Michael shook his head softly in response. "Don't. I should have been more careful and protective about our secret. And... you saved us." Michael said, looking up at James. "You followed me, Sadie, and Kris and you stopped them from getting possessed. If you hadn't been there... they could've died. Humans are-were more effected by that thing than mutants." 

"It was more for you than for them, Michael." James said quietly. "You—killed it?" 

Michael looked down at his hands. "I-I did." He said quietly before looking over at the sword that sat on the ground. 

"Was that what you-?" 

Fassbender shook his head. "No. I used it's own sword to kill it." Michael paused before adding "there was a moment there when I thought you... I thought I lost you. I thought you were gone. The thought angered me. So I..." Michael trailed off. 

The two actors sat in silence. James leaned into Michael and Michael wrapped one of his arms around the other. The moment would have been perfect if not rudely interrupted when Kitty burst in. 

James sat upright like he wasn't just leaning on Michael. Michael, unwillingly, lowered his arm. Both of them looked up at Pryde. 

"How'd you do it, Fassbender?" Kitty asked almost sounding excited. 

"Do what? Kill him? I used the dude's own sword." 

Kitty froze in her place. She hadn't realized Michael had killed the Shadow King. It took her a second before she started up again. 

"No. How did you message me about getting you back? It was a telepathic message, wasn't it?" 

Michael took a moment before replying with a small nod. "I guess it was, yeah. Why?" 

Kitty threw her arms out. She didn't understand how Michael didn't understand. "Weren't you given Lehnsherr's powers?" 

James' eyes grew wide as he realized what Kitty was suggesting. Michael was still confused. "Explain?" 

"Weren't we only given our character's powers? Erik is not telepathic!"

"So then how was I able to-?" 

Both actors looked over at Kitty to see if she knew the answer. "What are you looking at me for?" She asked. 

"You're the one closest to them! Do you know?" 

Kitty shook her head. "No. I don't. In case you don't remember, I'm on the run and they are currently being held captive."

"I read in a comic that Erik and Charles had been telepathically connected, do you know if that's true?" James asked, looking over at Pryde. 

"I can only guess, but I would assume so?" Kitty said with a small shrug.

"Which would mean that we are connected." said McAvoy with a glance at Michael. 

"So maybe, because of that connection, I was able to grab ahold of your telepathy and use it for my own use?" 

Michael's phone rang with a notification. It was a text from Sadie. 

"Chris has just woken up. I think there's something wrong with him." 

//To those who thought "confessions" would mean Fassavoy would finally confess of their love for each other, sorry. 

Whether or not they will actually become a thing will depend on James' feelings for Michael. And so far, things aren't looking that bright ;)