18 - The Shadow King's Battle

//Trigger warning: violence, (badly) written gore, fighting, death\\

"You would be real stupid to go without a fight. But, I say: you're even more stupider to fight me." The Shadow King said. The X-Men villain took a step towards the actors. 

A lamp came flying at the shadow beast and hit him in the head. The Shadow King's head went forward only a few inches due to the impact. The evil mutant glared at the two for a second before laughing. 

"Is that all you got?" He laughed. 

Go for it. Use all yeh have. James said telepathically to Michael. If Michael wasn't in danger right now, he would have said something about James getting his telepathic abilities back. But he didn't. Instead tons of objects from around James' mental house came flying at their current enemy. 

One of the items was a fork. The fork came right at the Shadow King's back. The utensil was stabbed right into his back. The Shadow King reached back and tugged the fork out. There was a bit of blood on the fork. He scowled at both of them. 

The fork gave Michael an idea. Get me a sword. Michael requested to James, his eyes on the bloody fork in the Shadow King's hand. 

After two seconds of James concentrating on his weak telepathic powers, a sword appeared next to Michael. 

Michael had had to use a sword in multiple movies of his. He knew how to use it well for both acting and actual sword fighting (yes, the two were different). 

Fassy grabbed the hilt of the sword, picked up the weapon from the ground, and held it tightly. He had the sword in one hand and James' hand in his other. James gave Michael's hand a squeeze almost to tell him to be careful with the sword. Michael gently caressed James' hand with one of his fingers as more metal objects flew at the Shadow King. 

The Shadow King eyed the sword in Michael's hand. The mutant flinched every now and again when an object dug too deep into his skin. 

"So I have both Charles Xavier and his little boyfriend's mutations all in one place. They didn't make great choices when choosing who to give their powers to, now did they?" The Shadow King snarled. 

The telepathic, controlling mutant looked down at the actors' connected hands. His red eyes looked back up and met Michael's. The Shadow King's head twitched. 

James let out a yell. He let go of Michael's hand and pressed both of his hands over his ears. Pain thrashed inside of James. The feeling was unbearable. The objects that were attacking the mutant stopped. James fell to his knees. 

"James!" Michael said, alarmed. Michael crouched down to try and help James. The Shadow King watched with a smirk on his face.

M-make it stop. James begged mentally. 

"Stand up and fight me." The Shadow King ordered Michael. 

Michael changed his gaze from James to the Shadow King, anger beginning to fill him. The villainous mutant now had a sword in his hand, one much like Michael's. 

Slowly and cautiously Michael stood. The grip on his sword tightened. James was close to sobbing. He lay in a tight ball on the floor. 

The Shadow King made the first move. He slashed his sword at Michael. Michael was able to block it. The Shadow King was fast, Michael noted. This could be a challenge. Michael flicked his sword quickly and jabbed at the mutant. 

However, the Shadow King was able to block Michael's move. The two went on at this for a little while. James' yells turned to whimpers, his whimpers went quiet. Michael was pretty sure he had passed out. Michael hoped that James had only passed out. 

Michael had been right, the Shadow King was a challenge. But Fassbender was keeping it even. Time went on and Michael's arm was getting tired. He considered switching arms but he wasn't as good with his other hand as his right. 

The Irish German actor was able to stop the Shadow King's sword from stabbing into him at a dangerous position. Michael's left and empty hand reached out. The fork that had been successfully stabbed into the Shadow King's back from before jumped into his hand. 

Michael used both the fork and his sword to take the Shadow King's sword from his hand. Fassy left the fork floating in mid-air behind him and took the SK's sword into his now empty hand. Both swords were the pointed at the Shadow King. 

For a quick second, Michael's eyes landed on an unconscious James next to the wall. Michael's mind jumped to the worst conclusion. A final wave of anger filled him. The Shadow King's sword that had previously belonged to the possessive mutant was lunged into the Shadow King's chest. 

Michael let the fork fall to the ground. At the same time the utensil hit the ground, as did the Shadow King's knees. The sword was still in his chest. Michael glared down at the beast with hatred. 

Fassbender's hand wrapped around the handle of the sword in his chest. He pulled it out and then pushed it back in. 

The Shadow King fell to the floor, dead. His eyes were still open and non-seeing. 

With a final glance at the dead mutant, Michael gently picked up James by wrapping one of McAvoy's arms around Michael's shoulders. 

Unsure if it would work, Michael placed two of his fingers of his unused hand on James' temple. He then brought those two fingers and placed them on the side of his own temple. 

Bring us back, Pryde. Michael called out mentally. 

There was silence. The silence lasted for about five seconds before a whirring sound became audible. The scenery started to turn white. Quickly, Michael bent down and grabbed the sword. His sword. 

Sure, Michael didn't know if he would wake up with the sword or not, but it was worth a try. 

The last thought Michael had before the place around him turned bright was: 

Holy shit. I just killed a man