3 - Charles' Message

3rd POV

The two actors stare at each other, confused and alarmed by their new abilities and new pain. "I'm a fucking weirdo." James said after a second of realization. "I'm a mutant. The only mutant in all time. What a fun title to have!"

No, James.. you aren't the only one. Michael's thoughts came through to James. The Scottish actor looked up at the other. 

"Last night, I got into a fight," Michael started, "this poor teen was getting abused and I had to stop it. The man abusing the teen then went to me. I noticed a metal watch he was wearing and held up a hand to stop him from hitting me." 

There was a pause. "The watch seemed to have frozen in midair keeping the guy from moving. We realized I had done it at the same time..." he yelled freak at me. I was in shock, I didn't see another swing coming at me.

Michale trailed off and finished as a thought. 

James' POV

Me and Michael became silent. He was thinking, yes, but at least he was thinking quietly. Michael appeared to have a sense of volume with his thoughts. Which helps me a lot. Most people don't. "You said you had the same dream as me, yeh?" 

Michael nodded. My brain started to process all the information we had and started to stick everything together. I came up with the most ridiculous result ever. But it seemed the most reasonable at the same time. 

"Mike.. what if Charles and Erik actually existed in another.. universe of sorts. I think, if I'm right and this sounds almost impossible, they got caught and experimented on. And one of the experiments was extracting their mutation?" 

I thought this through for a second before continuing. 

"What if since we are connected to them as we play them, their mutations went to us on default?" 

It sounded even more stupid out loud. And it was very unlikely that this was even close to right.  But at the same time.. it sounded like the right reason. Crazy, but correct. 

I blocked out Mike's thoughts, not wanting to hear what he thought about my suggestion. With no clue, I prepared myself for a no. 

Michael looked over at me. He shook his head. "Go back to sleep, James." He said. My heart dropped. He didn't say no, exactly. //I know. No no no. What's the matter I'm a pretty great guy? So so so?

Sorry-\\

"No." I was able to not let my voice crack. "I have to go." 

What? 

"Get some sleep. I'll see you around." 

With that, he left. That was quick. I sighed, watching Michael disappear around the corner of a trailer. I brushed myself off and went back inside of my trailer. 

Hey, James. 

The fuck-?

Michael's POV //go back a bit\\

I looked at James in silence. He looked almost excited about his theory. Adorable.  I shook my head and mentally slapped myself. He could hear my thoughts! He's a freckin telepath! James couldn't hear my thoughts about him. It would ruin our friendship. 

And if he did hear my previous thoughts... I couldn't stand to think about what he would or was feeling. 

On the promotion tour //Ignore my forgetfulness of the work I'm looking for\\ of First Class, me and James talked after our first interview. It was during our break. He said that if we would be asked if we had feelings for each other, we would just joke about it. 

I knew he didn't want 'us' to be a thing. Even then, I knew. 

I had to leave before he heard anymore of my thoughts. "Go to sleep, James." He looked at me shocked. "No." He responded. 

"I have to go. Get some sleep." //cue John Mulaney voice\\ and then I left. 

I sighed and walked down the pathway between trailers. I made my way back to my trailer. Nick was sitting inside, waiting for me to get back. 

"He wake up?" He asks me. I nod. 

Nick chuckles. "Did ya kiss him and do a Disney Prince?" I roll my eyes at him and sit down on a chair, across for Nick. 

I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up. Nick leans forward. "What happened when he woke?"

"We talked for a bit and then I left." I said, not providing details. How were we both supposed to handle our... abilities without telling anyone? James was right in panicking. 

"I'll ask someone to call the doctor and tell him James is awake." I nod.

James' POV

What the fuck?!

I hear a sigh. Look. I don't have much time. Almost all of my telepathy was taken away from me. I'm weak and being held captive and being abused is not helping at all. I just need two things from you. One: keep mine and Erik's powers safe-

Charles?!?!

Yes that's me. Please.  Be careful with them. Don't go out looking for attention by showing off. Attention only brings bad stuff. I have no idea how long before they find you. And I'm sorry for bringing you and Michael into this. If there were any way to put mine and Erik's mutations into anyone in my world, it would be much easier. 

I know as a fact my captors can travel between worlds. However, I don't know their powers or how many of then there are. Keep our mutations and yourselves safe.

Second: don't come looking for us. I don't know where Erik is. If t he two of us are lucky, he'll find a way to get to you. If we aren't then he's already captured and me and Erik will have to find our way out of this mess. 

If you and Michael come looking for us they will capture you more easily a and quickly. Then they'll have all of our power and both of our worlds will be done for. 

I believe it will be easier if you tell no one about your new, temporary mutations. If they do find you they will capture whoever else knows with you and we want to spare as many lives as possible. 

I have been able to put protection around you two. But, I was not able to send you a trainer. I'm afraid you'll have to learn how to control your mutations through practice.

And, James. I know it hurts, but don't be afraid of your own pain. Don't overwork yourself and be cautious of your emotions.

Oh crap. They're coming back. Be safe. Be cautious. And be careful. I'll see you as soon as I break free from this hell hold. 

No- wait! Charles was gone. I remembered all that he had said. 

Me and Michael are in danger all because Charles gave us his and Erik's god damn mutations.