Chapter 15

Fresh's P.O.V

I held back the urge to drag [Y/N] back over and away from that bully, PJ.

[Y/N] had already started to step onto the court. So I sat down on the grass, waiting for the match to start.

I was about to pull out my phone before Alphys and Zorai appeared. "H-Hi F-Fresh! We f-found you f-finally." Alphys stuttered out with relief. Zorai nodded at me and looked towards the court.

"[Y/N]'s playing basketball with...PJ?! What's gotten into her?" Zorai said, starting towards her. Alphys and I pull her back. "Nothing, well...maybe not. But long story short, she's gonna play a game against PJ and his friends for my science and history homework..and if we don't turn them in tomorrow, I won't hear the end of it from Mr. Science and Mr. Nightmare.." I explain, muttering the last part.

Alphys scratched her head, confused. "H-Huh? B-but those a-assignments aren't d-due until t-the d-day after t-tomorrow?" I feel my cheeks flare from embarrassment as I chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry! I guess I didn't listen c-close enough, heh heh..."

"Seriously? Well, [Y/N] can't turn back now.." Zorai muttered, slowly going over to [Y/N]. Alphys sat down, nervous. I watch Zorai talk to [Y/N], hoping nothing goes wrong with today's game.

PJ's P.O.V

I glance at [Y/N], who was with Zorai. I groan as I tied [Y/N]'s jacket around my waist more tightly. Fell snickered as he threw his scarf around his neck. "A puny human like her, doesn't stand a chance against the great and powerful Fell!"

Undyne punched him playfully on the shoulder, not laughing however. "Keep your head in the game moron! That 'puny human' you talk about, was the one who you let go earlier! Right when you had her right there!" She said, almost pinching her fingers together. Fell started to argue with Undyne.

I grumbled and grab the two's arm and pulled them forward. "Oh for the love of Asgore, just quit it! We, have a game to play. And unless you wanna have your ass kicked by some human, I suggest you get it together! Got it?"

The two shut up and nodded. Cil, who came with me once he saw where I was going, was acting as referee, summoned a whistle, and blew it.

The two moron-Undyne and Fell and I, stepped onto the court as I handed the ball to Cil. I stare at [Y/N], as she also stepped onto the court.

Zorai had finished talking to her and glanced our way. I kept my game face on, and she only narrowed her eyes before heading off.

Cil went towards the middle, where [Y/N] and I were gonna jump for the ball.

I stared at her, a slight smirk on my face. She grinned right back, as the ball was tossed into the air.

(Now, I don't actually play any sports. So I'm not gonna try to describe what an actual basketball game is like-
Just so sport-readers don't critique me on it-
So just imagine that the game's been going on for almost an hour and that it's a tie-)

Your P.O.V

I steal the ball from Fell's hands and quickly dodged Undyne on my way to the basket. I jump and score, a chorus of small cheers rise from the passing crowd.

I pant as the ball bounced out of bounds and I glance back at PJ and his friends.

They looked pretty worn out. With sweat visible on their faces. PJ however, glared at me. I glare right back as I watch the ball being handed to Undyne.

Now, I've gotta admit-
PJ and Undyne were pretty good, and pretty competitive when it came to games like these.
Fell was also good at basketball, but he kept missing his chance of when to shoot the ball.

I sigh as I stood up straight.

The score was a tie, according to the referee called Cil. I roll back my shoulders as I start with the ball in my hands.

The whistle blew, and I start to dribble to the goal.

It was one against three, which I agree, isn't fair. But, it was good competition. Several times, Fell and Undyne tried to foul me. But PJ stopped them, and I appreciated that he was trying to play a fair game.

I step back and Undyne reached for the ball. Fell swiped it from my hands and started towards my goal. I go after him and manage to block his shoot for the basket. Undyne got the ball and also tried to shoot a point. But the ball missed and I caught it. The two started to press in towards me and I tense.

Finally, Fell got the ball from my hands and ran to the side. And shot a point.

It was twelve to thirteen. I sigh as I pant heavily.
Time was up, and the game was over.

He laughed and started to make fun of me. I growl before Cil blew his whistle again. "No, wait!" He yelled, running towards us. "That was a foul! Fell traveled!"

PJ faced Fell and shook his head. But a slight smile was on his face. Fell wasn't too happy and demanded for one more round. I was about to say something, before someone held out a water bottle for me. I take it without thinking as I was guided to a nearby bench. I drink the water down and glance at the person who had his hand on my shoulder.

It was PJ.

He nodded, and I drank some more. After I finish two-thirds of his water, I hand it back to him.

"You did really great you know. I've never seen someone play like that when outnumbered." PJ muttered, a slight magenta appearing on his cheeks. I grin and stand up, still tired. "Thanks, you did great too.."

He chuckled and pulled out of his pocket two papers. "Here, think you could use these.."

I gratefully accept and nod as Zorai came up behind me. "Hey girl! PJ..nice game you two." She said, putting on a slight grin. "Thanks, can I er..talk to [Y/N] though, alone?"

I blink and face him again. "Me?" PJ nodded. Zorai muttered something before slowly walking away, eyeing me and PJ the entire time. PJ sighed and untied the jacket that hung around his waist.

He held it to me. "You kind of left it at school. So I, er..." I giggle and take the jacket from his hands, thanking him.

Several minutes later and PJ went off to hang out with his friends. While I hand back Fresh's homework back to him.

After I said goodbye to my friends and gathered my things. I started to walk home, with Zorai at my side.

She was telling me her awful and corny jokes. And despite myself, I laughed at her anyway. We were almost home before a notification came up on my phone.

I check my messages to see a message from Ms. Shyren. I smiled at the text and replied back, with a grin on my face.

A/N

I got the chapter for you guys! Yes, I left somewhat a cliffhanger in this one-

But it's got something to do with the next chapter, obviously.

So, why do you think Ms. Shyren texted you?

What did the text say?

Idk, but you'll find out in the next chapter! See you all next time!