6

I take one last look at the glade and run deeper into the maze.

There are vines on the ground. I deside to follow them.

Running in the maze is cool, it is just you and your thoughts.

My thought right now are about how I may be banished to the maze if I make it back. But oh well.

I run on, deeper and deeper into the maze. My stomach starts to growl and I relize I didn't bring lunch. Then something stops me in my tracks.

Minho.

He stand in the maze eating his sandwich.

I didn't think of that.

I run straight down another corridor then when he moves I will keep following him.

Then something I didn't think would happen happens.

Whirr click click click, whirr click click click, whirr click click click, whirr.

It seems far enough away where I don't have to worry about it. I block it out and sneek up to see if Minho is there still, of course he is.

I walk back and sink down on the wall hiding my face in my knees.

Whirr click click click, whirr click click click, whirr click click click.

It is really loud now, I look up and see the matalic arm of a griever comming around the corner.

Whirr click click click.

I'm I stand up, scream and take off running.

"Greenie?!" Great Minho knows I'm here now.

I keep running full speed, I see him as I past him.

"What ar-" Ge starts but I cut him off.

"Run!!" I scream and keep running.

He must see the griever because he doesn't say anything.

I look back and see the griever and then Minho behind it. The griever comes closer.

I run faster and turn around a corner.

Minho says something but I don't hear him. I see him run past the corridor I'm in.

Shuck did I go the wrong way. I back up and hit a wall. I turn and my heart sinks, I'm at a dead end.

Whirr click click click, Whirr click click click.

The griever comes closer, it almost seems to go in slow motion.

Whirr...

click...

click...

click...

The griever it so close to me now I could reach out with my spear and touch it. My spear!

The griever starts to roll towards me again but this time I dig the end of the spear into its head.

It flicks its head up. Sending me and the spear flying forward over its head.

I fall on the ground on the other side of the griever.

"Thanks." I mutter smugly and turn around only to see the griever rolling at me again.

I turn and start to sprint away as fast as I can.

Once I get around the corner I see the vines are gone, shuck.

But I sorta remember the way back, left, left, right, straight. I sprint through the maze and risk a glance back.

The griever is gone, wow I did it!

Then there is a quiet moaning from inside the maze. The sound that says the maze is closing.

I turn one last corner and see the doors sliding shut.

I sprint faster than I've sprinted befor, towards the doors that are slowly shutting.

I reach the doors and I have to turn sideways and shimmy my way through.

I finally get trough and I dive into the forest by the doors.

I just got out of the maze I don't want to be banished to it now.