Part 22: On our way

Tw: Mention of rape and depression some mention of homophobia too.

   (Jeremy's POV)

    The obnoxiously loud sound of the wind going into Michael's car was kinda getting on my nerves as we flew down a long high way, with surprisingly, no other cars around.

    I was looking out the window just thinking about shit. Then a thought came to mind.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
    It's scary when your friend swallows a bottle of pills as you walk into there room. It's worse when you don't know what to do.

    I was only 11. It was 6th grade when Michael had his first suicide attempt. I freaked out and did the first thing I could think of I rushed forward.

    I grabbed Michael's chin and shoved 2 fingers down his throat. Michael gagged shoving me out of the way as he raced towards the toilet. He began throwing up and I took a second to process what had happened. Before running to the bathroom after Michael.

    "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING?!?!" I yelled at him voice becoming scratchy at points.

     "Tr-trying to kill myself if you couldn't tell." Michael replied sarcastically.

    "WHY! And just LEAVE me here?! On this-" I turned and kicked the bottom of the bathroom sink in anger."PICE OF SHIT EARTH!?!" I asked. I was pissed, he couldn't leave me here alone. What the hell was he thinking?

    "You don't understand." Michael replied looking down.

    "What don't I UNDERSTAND Michael?" I asked bitterly.

   "Jeremy my dad beats me, he's always reminding me what a shitty human being I am, and he shoves his dick down my throat every couple of days! And since Mama left it's been every day! That's why my throat hurts and I don't wanna talk and l-last n-ni-night-t h-he act-actually fu-fuc-fucking" Michael broke down into sobs.

    I immediately dropped to my knees next to him and pulled him closer to me. (Michael was shorter than me at the time) Michael just sobbed. He had sent me this text that was basically a suicide note but I didn't expect this.

    "H-he-e" Michael stuttered.

    "Shhhh, I know I know." I cooed.

   After an hour Michae calmed down. I was helping him get his stuff together so he could stay at mine when the door burst open.

    "Michael you piece of shit where are you!?" His dad yelled. Michael shoved me down so I was ducking behind his bed. Michael looked horrified as his dad walked over.  I kept trying to get his stuff as Michael walked towards his dad shaking. He's making a diversion. I thought. Michaels dad started to yell I felt horrified as his dad started to undo his belt.  I shot up and ran forward grabbing Michael's hand and running with him and our backpacks out of the house. we ran to my house both sobbing.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

     I was snapped out of my thoughts as Michael sneezed.

    Michael has a PT cruiser. Some say their slow cars. But Michael's is only 2 years old, and it's manual, which he knows how to drive. And they're actually considered racing cars in some places.

    The wind was coming through the window makes a loud annoying noise. I rolled up my window. Michael seemed to get what I was doing and rolled up his to.

    "Aww, Jer-bear don't like the noise?" Micheal teased, seeming confident. I rolled my eyes at him.

    Every now and again Michael will get really cocky and start doing shit like this. It's nice to see him smiling and being confident so I don't shut him down. The car was full of all of our luggage. And the floor had a 7/11 bag full of empty bags of chips and slushies, candy rapers and god knows what else.

    Michael pulled into a 7/11 parking lot doing a weird gear shift to park. I've seen him do it a thousand times but I will never understand how.

    Me and Michael joked as we walked into 7/11 and Michael and I got supplies. And we continued our way to the dorm rooms of our college.

    I lot of shit later and me and Michael were carrying our stuff up to our dorm room.

    We walked in with our essentials deciding to bring up the rest tomorrow, to see a seemingly white girl with long black hair, and green eyes under the arm of a Spanish guy with black hair and brown eyes.

    "Hey." The guy said.

    "Sup." Michael replied to tiered to come up with an actual reply.

    "I'm Jason, this is my girlfriend Kayla." Jason told us as Kayla blushed.

    "I'm Michael, this is... Jeremy." Michael said hesitating on the whole "this is my boyfriend" thing since we don't know how they'll react.

     Me and Michael pushed the beds together. (we got a room with 2 twin sized beds so we only had to push them together.) We put the sheets on them before going out to get food. We got back to the dorm and immediately fell asleep.

~time skip bought to you by my shitty writing ~

     Michael backed away from the fairy lights on the wall and picked up the remote to change the color.

     "Ok, this should work." He said. He hit the red button and the lights turned red lighting up the darkroom.

    "YES!" Michael yelled in victory. I giggled at him walking up to him and kissing his cheek. Michael smiled turning to me fully and kissing me on the lips as his hands went to my waist and mine snaked around his neck.

     Me and Michael made the room like our dream room. We had Michael's computer in front of the bed we each had our own geeky forms of light on our bedside tables we had a record player next to Michael's bedside table and a dresser next to mine. We also had a closet in the corner of the room.

     Michael pulled away smiling at me.

    "Mahal Kita~" He purred. I smiled and giggled again.

     "Love you too~" I replied pulling Michael into another kiss. Then the door opened. There was "holy shit!" Followed by the door closing. Me and Michael looked at each other.

     "FUCK!" We both yelled, before walking to the door. (we didn't want to run it might scare her)

    "Um... Kayla?" Michael questioned as we walked out.

    "I'm not mad!" she blurted, Kayla was next to the door. "I'm fine with it just... watch out for Jason he isn't as..... accepting." I and Michael nodded.

    "Uh.. thanks," I said. Kayla smiled.

    "No problem." She replied.

Well, this will be a fun year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its been a month. So this is because I missed it once and then the next week I was supposed to upload I was in a mental hospital.... Sorry for the lack of updates...

Word count:1135