last day of school

hey.. before you read this just a slight disclaimer.. this fic is super cringe, i wrote it when i was 13 😭 i'm 16 now.. i wrote this way back in 2019-2020 when the ST fandom was begging for byler content and i made this cringy ass fic so i'm super sorry if it's bad 💀 i'm thinking of making more byler fics on ao3 now that ST4 is out, i made this before the new season came out. if u wanna follow me on ao3 my user is @/emmaisasleep . (july 21, 2022)

Setting: June 12, 1985. Hawkins, Indiana. Mike, Will, Lucas, Dustin, and Max have their last day of eighth grade, last day of middle school. They all can't wait to have the best summer of their lives! Going to the arcade, having sleepovers, and best of all, playing Dungeons and Dragons. At least that's what Will Byers thinks, he wants to have the best summer ever, but that means Mike and Lucas being with their girlfriends 24/7. Mike said earlier in the year that his dad lost his job, and he thinks he can find one in Illinois, which means that if he gets the job they will have to move there. This makes Will and the gang extremely worried, so they want to make the summer last before it's too late...

-------------------------

JUNE 12, 1985 7:56 A.M.

Will woke up from an amazing dream where him and Mike were stranded on an island, desperate for help. But then they realized that they didn't need any help; they had each other. Lately Will has been having similar dreams with Mike involved in them. He didn't mind them, but it did seem a bit unusual.

The gang decided after school to go out together to the mall and go shopping, have some ice cream, and maybe see a movie. It was going to be fun. After all, it was their last day of school, and they wanted to make it the best.

Will kissed his mom and Johnathan goodbye and off he went to school on his bike.

As he was riding along the smooth pavement, Will started to wonder why he kept having these dreams about Mike and started to wonder if it was a sign. Why am I dreaming about Mike all of a sudden? He thought, Is this a sign?

Will began to daydream and get lost in his thoughts about Mike. His semi-curly raven colored hair, his light brown eyes that sparkled in the sun like honey, his freckles, placed so perfectly across his nose and cheeks. And his lips, which were the most perfect pink shade he'd ever seen. He's beautiful, Will thought. But he's dating Eleven, oh, god I'm so stupid.

Will arrived at school just in time for the first bell to ring. He parked his bike and walked torwards school.

"Hey, Will! Wait up!" a familiar voice called to Will, it was Mike. Will was so glad that Mike was beside him. His cheeks became flushed and his palms got sweaty.

"Hey Mike, are the others inside?"

"Probably, are you excited for all of us to go out later today?"

"Of course, Mike."

"Okay, cool. C'mon, we're gonna be late for first period."

Both boys ran to their lockers, grabbing their books and running as fast as they could to first period.