question & answer

JUNE 12, 1985 2:15 P.M.

Mike bought Eleven a 6 pack of scrunchies and some hair clips. She'd love that.

Will was admiring Mike's beautiful face, and how much he wanted to kiss it. There was no denying it, Will had a crush on his best friend, Mike Wheeler.

I don't care if he's already dating Eleven, I love Mike, I love him with all of my heart. I just gotta be alone with him and tell him how I feel. "Eww you're gay?" he'll say. God, he'll probably hate me for who I am.

Will's cheeks turned bright red as him and Mike walked out of Macy's and into The Gap, checking if El and Max were done shopping.

"Hi guys, are Dustin and Lucas done with the movie?" asked Max.

"Not yet, let's go check up on them." replied Mike.

Mike, Max, Eleven and Will all went to the theater and looked at the time The Goonies was ending.

"It says 2:40 is the finish time, it's 2:22 now" said Eleven.

The gang waited on a bench outside the movie theater for Dustin and Lucas. Mike handed El the gift he bought her. "I love it, Mike! Thanks." She kissed Mike on his cheek. Will was even angrier than before.

"I have to use the bathroom, be right back" said Max.

"Me too!" exclaimed Eleven, but all she wanted to do was style her hair with the new scrunchies her boyfriend got her. Max and El ran to the bathroom, leaving Mike and Will alone again.

I gotta ask him. Now or never.

"Hey Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"I hope you don't mind, but do you wanna do something later, like have a sleepover or something?" Mike clearly saw Will blushing and smiled.

"Um, sure. I'm not doing anything with Eleven tonight, so yeah, you can come by my house and sleep over."

A wave of relief flooded over Will as he heard Mike's soft and charming voice accept his invitation.

"Oh, thanks! I mean, we haven't been hanging out often because of you and El and the dating thing, so yeah. Thanks."

"Okay, be at my house by eight tonight, and bring D&D. I can tell that you've missed me, I do too. We'll have fun, I promise."

"Alright, see you at eight." Will was so happy.

I hope tonight goes well, it's my only chance to be with Mike... alone. I can't wait!

...

5:45 P.M.

After the gang was driven home, Will went down to the kitchen to ask his mom if he could sleep over Mike's.

"Hey Mom, could I sleep over Mike's tonight?"

"Of course, sweetie. I'll have Johnathan pick you up tomorrow after lunch. Now go pack a bag with clothes."

"Thanks, Mom." Will hugged Joyce and ran upstairs to grab clothes.

"Mike. Do you copy? Over." Will was trying to talk to Mike on his walkie-talkie.

"Hi Will, I'm here. Over"

"Okay, just wanted to let you know that I'll be at your house in 10 minutes. Over"

"Okay, see you then, over and out." 

7:50 P.M.

Johnathan drove Will to Mike's house. "Have fun, okay Will?"

"Yes I will," said Will. He couldn't believe he was actually gonna be with his crush for 16 whole hours.

When they arrived at Mike's, Johnathan drove away as Will walked up to the door. It was unlocked, so he stepped inside. Mike's little sister, Holly, was sitting at the kitchen table, sucking on a lollipop and coloring a picture.

"MIKE, YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!" she yelled. Holly was 7, she didn't know the difference between "friend" and "boyfriend".

"WHAT THE HELL, HOLLY? FOR THE LAST TIME, WILL IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" shouted Mike as he ran down the stairs.

Will blushed and giggled as Mike got annoyed at his sister.

"Hi Will. Uhh, do you wanna go downstairs and play D&D?"

"Yeah, let's go."

Will followed as Mike led him to the basement. He was so happy to finally be with Mike.