"is this normal?"

DECEMBER 22, 1985, 10:50 P.M.

WILL'S P.O.V.

We just sat. Both of us. In silence. On his couch. Unaware of what to say or do. I just wanted to kiss him. So badly.

Mike heard a faint noise from across the room. One of Will's drawing that was taped up had fallen fight beside Mike. It was a picture of him and Will holding hands. Will was only eight when he drew it but looking back at it, it was very awkward. The two got lost into staring at the photo until Mike fell out of the daydream and abruptly got up and taped the picture back on his wall.

Mike sat next to Will with his hand very close to his. Will looked at their hands and slowly inched his hand on top of Mike's and interlocked fingers. Mike was startled and looked down at their hands, now joined together, not saying a word. Mike began to blush very hard, he couldn't help it. It felt weird to him, so he pulled his hand away from Will's and got up. 

Fuck. He thinks you're a fucking queer. Great going Will.

"Is this normal?" asked Mike. "I mean, when you, like, y'know, you touched me. I- not in that way... but like-" Mike started to blush.

"I'm sorry. I, I didn't mean to..." stuttered a blushing Will, regretting holding Mike's hand.

Mike crawled into his sleeping bag. "Wanna go to sleep? It's late," said Mike.

"Okay," replied Will. "I'm just gonna go get some water." and Will ran upstairs. He could hear Mike yawn and soon he was out like a light.

What the fuck do I do? I fucked up. He's gonna tell El. Shit. Shit. Shit.

He couldn't hide his embarrassment. Will opened the front door and ran all the way down Hawkins. He just ran. It began to rain. Will began to cry. He ran until he reached Mirkwood and went down his old driveway where he used to live.

Then he ran to his backyard to find a pile of wood that was once Castle Byers. He turns on his flashlight and digs through the pile. Will found both pieces of the ripped photograph that was ripped right in between him and Mike. He began to sob even more.

Then Will rummages through the wood and finds the piece with the words "Castle Byers" painted in bright yellow, now faded away. He flips it over to the blank side and takes out a switchblade. He slowly carves a "w + m" right in the middle of it. Will just sits there in the pouring rain, in the middle of the night, crying. Will was so cold. He was shivering and his breath was trembling.

MIKE'S P.O.V.

Back at the Wheelers, Mike got up to use the bathroom, but notices that Will isn't in his sleeping bag or in the kitchen. He looks around the house not waking anyone. He takes a flashlight and heads outside, calling Will's name, so afraid that something might've happened to him. As he ran across Hawkins, Mike began to cry. His heart pounded even faster every time he got no response from Will. The rain pounded the ground. 

Mike reached Mirkwood and something in the back of his mind told him that Will was at his old house. So Mike ran behind the house, desperate for Will's voice. "WILL?! Are you there?!" called out Mike, so scared. He began to cry more. He felt as if the world was falling on him and crushing him.

Back at destroyed Castle Byers, Will could hear Mike calling his name from afar. With the carved wood in one hand and the switchblade in another, Will got up and got closer to Mike's voice.

There he was. Will Byers. Standing in the rain. With something in his hands. About 50 feet away. 

Will dropped what was in his hands and ran up to Mike. He stared at the raven-haired boy, noticing his tears dripping down his cheeks and the rain droplets dripping off his hair.

Mike grabbed Will's face and smashed his lips on Will's. Everything suddenly went numb for both boys. Rain slid through their lips but they didn't care.

Will slowly broke the kiss and interlocked his hand with Mike's. They both ran back to Mike's and changed into dry clothes. Mike offered Will his clothes, and he thought Will looked absolutely adorable in them.

They went into their sleeping bags and stared at each other with genuine loving eyes until they fell asleep.

ty for 850 reads u all mean the world to me :')