blushing

JUNE 12, 1985 11:25 A.M.

Since it was the last day of school, there was an early dismissal at 12:00 that day. It was currently homeroom, and the teacher was giving out summer assignments. Will couldn't keep his eyes off of Mike, he was daydreaming and thinking about if him and Mike were more than "best friends."

Will knew that this could obviously never happen because Mike was already taken by Eleven. Will had noticed that Mike stopped hanging out with him because of Eleven, or maybe Mike just didn't want to be friends with him anymore.  

As soon as Will got deep into thought, Mike turned around, locking eyes with Will for two seconds, but it felt like hours of staring into his beautiful eyes. Will immediately put his head down & blushed as the biggest grin came across the boy's face. What was this feeling?  Will thought to himself; I can't be like this, I'm not gay, especially for my best friend. That's so weird.

...

12:00 P.M.

As the teachers and students said their goodbyes as they wished the students the best of luck in high school, everyone soon left the building. The gang met by the bicycle rack and all decided to go to the Starcourt mall together. 

Will was behind the group, thinking about Mike. He couldn't stop.

"Hey Will, can you maybe pick up the pace?" yelled Lucas, who was far ahead of Will.

"Yeah, sorry!" yelled back Will. He ran next to Dustin and asked how the gang was getting to the mall.

"Steve's bringing us there, what do you wanna do there?"

"Uhh, I'm not sure yet"

"Okay then, were just walking to Steve's car, c'mon."

As soon as Dustin finished his sentence, Will tripped on a rock, causing him to fall flat on his face. "OW! Oh my god, Jesus Christ, my face!" yelped Will as he was lying on the pavement waiting for help.

 "Will, are you okay? What happened?" asked Mike who noticed Will. The rest of the gang huddled around Will, asking if he was okay.

"Yeah, I just tripped on this rock, it hurts a little. I'm fine."

"Are you sure, Will? You seem pretty hurt." said Mike as he extended his arm, helping up Will.

"Yes I'm sure, thanks for the help." Will felt the pull of Mike's soft hands grasping his. It made Will feel different, like him and Mike had a connection. His hands were so soft, thought Will. I'd hold on to Mike for dear life if it was the end of the world.

When Will was back up on his feet, he could still feel Mike's soft and loving hands touch his. Will looked down as his cheeks turned bright pink just from the thought of Mike.