40

Emmett's POV
I woke up to Josephine tossing and turning next to me.She huffed and I stroked her hair.
Em I can't sleep she whispered.
I know baby girl..want me to get the pillow I murmured and she sat up.
I already tried it she whispered.
"Hm what can I do to help baby"
"I don't know"She laid back down and I rubbed her stomach.
I wish you wouldn't of went back to the club she whispered and I pulled her close kissing her shoulder blade.
"I know baby it's only temporary I promise you and our babies come first always"
I just don't want you spending time there all the time especially with Carla she growled.
"Baby girl I'm only yours and I will go once a week for payroll and you can come with me"
"I trust you I don't want to go in there with you especially pregnant"
"Nothing will happen baby girl they wouldn't dare touch what's mine"
"Well some people are stupid"
"Yes they are baby but I'll teach them not to touch anything that is mine"
"Okay..I still don't think I'd want to go"
"That's fine baby..I wouldn't force you to go with me"She only nodded in response and I rubbed her back.
"It's a lot harder than I thought it'd be"
"I know baby girl but I'm here if you need to talk or be little"
"I'm worried something will happen and I won't snap out of head space to take care of Aria"
"How about this we can think about it but we have more than enough money to support our family.I can pass the company down"
"You'd do that"
"Why wouldn't I..your my wife and I promised to take care of you always and that's a promise I will never break"
"I love you"
"I love you too baby girl"
*MORNING*
Josephine's POV
I walked downstairs to hear Aria playing and giggling excitedly.
Momma mornin she giggled running up to me.
Hi petal good morning I murmured kissing her forehead.
"Where's daddy"
"Daddy on phone"
"Okay petal..did you have breakfast"
"Yes daddy made me egg and bacons"
"Sounds yummy petal"
"Momma baby still sleeping"
"No the baby is hungry so Momma needs to eat some breakfast"
"Okay momma"I walked into the kitchen seeing Emmett still had a few pieces saved of the bacon from their breakfast.I munched on them while deciding what I want.I rubbed my stomach gently and grabbed the eggs and some spinach along with a tomato and some Asiago cheese.I whisked the eggs and added a little milk before grabbing a pan and melting some butter.I poured in my eggs and waited to fillip my omelette as I sautéed the spinach and added some sliced mushrooms and some leftover steak we had.I flipped my omelette and added my cheese before putting in my filling.I put some bread down in the toaster and grabbed a plate as I folded my omelette and laid it on my plate.I put raspberry jelly on my toast and poured myself some orange juice.
"Good morning baby..I would of made you breakfast"
Pregnancy cravings were to fast for you I murmured and he kissed my hand.
And good morning I murmured as he sat next to me.
"Why didn't you wake me"
"You deserve extra sleep.Plus I was up at 5 am and I was not waking you up"
"Well thank you for not waking me up at five"
"Your welcome baby"
"You have to go to the club tonight right"
"Yes I have a meeting with Aidan and Samantha"
"Okay.What time are you leaving"
"Not til 8"
"Okay"
"I should be home by 9:30 to 10 pm"
"Okay that's fine"I took care of the kitchen tidying up.
Momma can I watch a show please Aria giggled tugging on my top gently.
"Of course petal what would you like to watch"
"Um bubble guppy pwease"
"The bubble guppies aren't on yet petal there is paw patrol,puppy dog pals or the octonauts"
"That one"She pointed to the picture of the Octonauts and she sat on the couch with her blanket.
"Tank you momma"
"Your welcome petal would you like some juice"
"Yes pwease momma"I handed her the full sippy cup on the coffee table"
"Tank you"
"Your welcome petal"Emmett helped me clean up the house and I did my yoga while he laid Aria down for a nap after a couple shows.I took a shower and started folding clean laundry and putting it away.
**
Emmett's POV
"Daddy I don't want you to go"
"I know petal daddy won't be gone long"
"Daddy please stay home with me and momma"
"Come on petal let's go have a bath"
"With new baby"
"No just with your toys petal"
"Okay momma"I watched them walk upstairs and I sighed as I got ignored before leaving for the club.I walked in and froze.
Aidan what the fuck happened in here I growled.
"Couple customers got rowdy made a mess last night I guess"
"Didn't someone call you"
"No"
"Fucking Christ this is already going to kill me..call Lucy and her cleaning crew and tell her to get here now.No actually I'll do it.I'll be back"I walked outside and seen Carla walking in with Samantha.
"Samantha"
"Hello Mr.Stone"
"Where is everybody"
"Most of them left"
"Are you kidding me"
"No Mr.Stone I thought you knew"
"No anything else happen while I was away"
"Besides he could be losing the club..no I don't think so"
"We will talk more later on getting you some new bartenders"
"Okay thank you"Carla stood there and I ignored her.
"You look stressed"
"I am stressed"
"Do you want a cigarette"
"No"
"Okay"
"Actually fuck it yes I want one"She handed me one plus her lighter and she went inside.I pulled out my phone and hit Lucy's contact.
"Hello this is Lucy"
"Lucy it's Emmett Stone"
"Hello Mr.Stone it's been awhile"
"Yes it has.Listen I am back at the club for awhile and the place is trashed do you think you could squeeze us in"
"Anything for you honey.Be there in about two hours"
"Perfect thank you Lucy."
"Your welcome honey"I ended the call and finished the cigarette quickly.I walked in to see Aidan talking to Samantha at the bar while she set up for the night.
"Aidan"
"Emmett"
"Office now"
"Your not my boss"
"You asked me to come back and I will take over ownership again.Get in the office"He opened his mouth to say something but walked into the office instead.
"Samantha"
"Yes Emmett"
"My normal"
"Coming up"I took the glass into the office and seen Aidan sitting in the chair across from the desk chair.I sat in my chair and looked around the office papers were everywhere.
"Don't you organize anything"
"I've been busy"
"I'm sure.Samantha isn't interested in you.Quit trying so hard"
"You don't know that"
"Yes I do Aidan I've known you a long time.I know when your hitting on a girl"
"Where's Josie?Your being kind of a dick and she always calms you down"
"She's at home with Aria.I wouldn't have to be a dick if you would of did your fucking job"
"I'm sorry"
"You can start by telling me why you lost everybody"
"I couldn't afford bills so there would be random nights where I wouldn't be able to open the club.So they lost hours"
"How long have you been struggling"
"Two months"
And your just telling me this now I growled and he stayed quiet.
"You will have this place organized by the time we leave tonight.You better get on it"
"Yes Emmett"
*
"The place looks great Lucy thank you"
"Your welcome honey"I cut Lucy a check and she left with her cleaning crew.I walked into the office to see Aidan organizing.The club was completely empty and Carla was just rewiping wiped tables out of boredom.
"So it's really just the two of you"
"Yes we had a girl but she left when Aidan said he couldn't give her a regular check.She was good too Emmett"
"How good Samantha"
"When she was here the bar was packed"
"Name"
"Michelle Smith"
"I'll see if I can get her information"
"How long are you staying"
"I'm not sure Samantha"
"How's Josephine and Aria"
"Good.Josephine is 5 months pregnant"
"Congratulations Emmett"
"Thank you Samantha"
"Have any pictures Aria is almost two right"
"Yes she'll be two October"I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures of my petal.
"She's so cute..looks so much like Josephine"
"Yes she does..acts like her too"
"I'm sure you have your hands full"
"Sometimes"My phone went off and I smiled at the text from Josephine.
"I'll be right back Samantha"
"Okay"I walked outside to see my petal in her pajamas.
Daddy she whined and I picked her up.I kissed Josephine's forehead and she smiled weakly at me.
Are you alright I murmured.
"Yeah she refused to go to sleep til you gave her goodnight kisses"I kissed Aria's forehead gently and she nuzzled into me and Josephine handed me her blanket.
Daddy I missed you Aria mumbled.
"I missed you too petal"
**
Em she whispered.
Hey baby..sorry I was trying to be quiet I murmured as I came out of the bathroom in my boxers.
I'm sorry for being rude about you going to the club again to help she sniffled.
Hey baby girl...you don't have to be sorry I understand you were scared baby I whispered as I tugged her gently to my chest and her tears started to flow.
"Baby girl your alright I'm always here for you and our babies"I felt a little nudge and Josephine gasped but then giggled.
Was that the baby i murmured and she nodded slowly.
"Baby girl I forgot how amazing that is"
"It's amazing for sure I can't believe we are making another perfect human being"
"Me either baby...I love you"
"I love you too Em"Josephine eventually dozed off and I watched her sleep for a little while before dozing off myself.