Fragment of a Merman (II)

"..."

Hai Hung waited until the child in front of him stopped giggling. The child's vibrant laugher and soft features drew him in until he said something, causing Hai Hung to snap back into reality.

"My name is Li Biming, you can call me Xiao Ming~" The child's eyes bent into crescents as a smile dawned upon his face.

"... Hello. X-Xiao Ming-g." Hai Hung had never received such a beautiful smile from anyone, nor did anyone bother to give him a proper introduction. He stammered to greet Li Biming and felt his ears turn red from embarrassment.

Hehe~ He's embarrassed now~

Li Biming held back his giggles from making Hai Hung any more embarrassed than he is now.

"What's your name, big brother?"

"I... I'm Hai Hung... but-t you can just call me H-Hung-ge..."

"Okay! Hung-gege, there were people chasing you... are you guys playing hide and seek? I wanna join too!" Li Biming put on an ignorant face and asked.

"No no n-" Hai Hung thought that telling this innocent and clueless child would put him in trouble so he decided to play along.

"Y-Yes. The big brothers and I are playing hide and seek. So I need a good place to hide, do you know a place where this big brother can hide?" Hai Hung tried to coax Li Biming with a barely formed smile on his face and a gentle but awkward tone.

My hubby is trying so hard! Haha~

Li Biming grabbed Hai Hung's hand and lead him out of the alleyway.

"I have a secret hideout Hung-gege can stay without being discovered! Only I know where it is!"

Hai Hung had to bend down as he watched Li Biming pull him away.

***

"Here we are! We'll be safe here, Hung-gege!"

Li Biming brought Hai Hung to an abandoned shack in a bamboo forest to hide in.

Hai Hung looked around. The shack had a small bench with a blanket on top and there were also boxes of unknown items that seemed like children's toys.

"Sit here Hung-gege!"

Hai Hung shifted his eyes to the child on the bench who was patting the space next to him.

Hai Hung sat down and Li Biming started his barrage of questions.

"Why are you hurt Hung-gege? Why are those big brothers playing hide and seek with you? Have you been to XXX Palace?"

The questions kept coming, one after another, making Hai Hung feel dizzy.

"Okay, slow down. One at a time. Big brother will answer them all."

Hai Hung stopped Li Biming from asking so many questions at once and answered them one by one.

"I tripped and got hurt."

"Those big brothers are just some friends I decided to play with."

"No, I have not been to XXX Palace."

And the two passed time with one questioning and one answering.

***

Looking out the window, Hai Hung saw the sun setting.

"It's late. You should get back to your family." He told Li Biming who had been braiding his long hair.

Li Biming loved his hubby's appearance in this world even more. His smooth long hair was navy blue and his aquamarine eyes were sparkling like sunlight on the ocean. Since his hubby was still in his teens, he looked youthful with less masculinity but it's evident that he would grow up to be a natural hormone discharger. Unfortunately, all these beautiful features were covered by the long bangs in front of his face so Li Biming decided to braid them to the side.

Now that's better.

Li Biming took a few steps back to get a full view of his hubby's face and admire it.

Under his stares, Hai Hung felt his face heat up uncontrollably. This was the first time some gave him such an untainted, innocent and pure look. The child staring at his visage did not have a single hint of disgust or greed in his eyes, different from how everyone else viewed him. His parents and kin only ever scorned him and the humans had endless greed contained within the depths of their hearts.

He wasn't begging for attention, he just wished that someone would appreciate him as who he was.

Hai Hung peered into Li Biming's obsidian eyes and conjured a thought.

I will forever treasure and protect this child.

Feeling enlightened, Hai Hung smiled gently at Li Biming, who then blushed a bit due to his hubby's enchanting smile and said, "Hung-gege! You should smile more!"

Li Biming went a step further and placed his index fingers correspondent to each side of the mouth and stretched Hai Hung's lips upwards into a larger smile.

Hai Hung was taken back by surprise but adapted to Li Biming's touch and closeness, allowing him to hold those two mischievous fingers on his face and squeeze them lightly.

"It's getting dark, I'll send you home."

"I don't want to."

Li Biming pulled his hands from Hai Hung's hold and pouted.

Hai Hung watched his actions and laughed lightly. He raised his hand and patted his head. Feeling the smooth, silky sensation from his hand, Hai Hung became entranced while rubbing Li Biming's hair, sinking his fingers into that fluffy mess.

"Hung-gege stop it!"

Li Biming felt embarrassed being treated like a child. Afterall his mental age is much older than Hai Hung's.

"Oh. Sorry, I'll stop..."

But Hai Hung couldn't bear to take his hand away from his head and left it there for a good while until Li Biming took a step back.

"Hmph."

Li Biming turned his face right, giving Hai Hung a full view of his side profile as he pouted even more. Looking at those puffed up cheeks like a chipmunk with food in its mouth, Hai Hung laughed again.

Positive emotions swelled up in his heart, making him feel happier than ever before.
.
.
.
.
.
______________

The author has something to say...

I've been a bit busy lately so I won't update as often... Sry guys (m;_ _)m

Thank you for all your support tho <3