Fragment of a Merman (VII)

Li Biming was awake the whole entire time, ever since he was carried on Maria's back. Of course he had to make her suffer a bit, who told her to be the stupid female lead. Now that he was back home, he could conveniently wake up and act as though nothing has happened.

"Baby! You're awake! Where were you all morning?! Your father and I were both so worried!!" Lena began to scold Li Biming for his disappearance.

"I wanted to go out and play mother..." Li Biming immediately put on a sad, heart-wrenching face with tears welling up in his eyes. Lena felt as if her heart was stung and immediately forgave him.

"Don't leave the house by yourself ever again okay?"

"Yes mother..." Li Biming sounded very obedient when he spoke but he was busy tracking down his hubby in his mind. He absent-mindedly sat down on a chair and chewed on a peach. As he was chewing, he saw the red dot on the holographic screen enter the water. Many blue dots began to appear around him, causing Li Biming to be shocked. He paused and looked towards the key and realized they were just marine animals, not the merpeople. But before he could continue to stalk his hubby, an annoying voice sounded next to him.

"Who was that guy with you, Xiao Ming?" Maria was right next to him, her face close to his ears.

Feeling a chill up his spine, Li Biming almost slapped her face and kicked her chair away. Thankfully, he was able to stop himself before he did so. With a still heart he said, "He's my husband."

".......???" Maria looked stunned when she heard his response. Mother was in the kitchen and did not hear their conversation or else she would've freaked out. Snapping out of her daze, Maria began to question Li Biming more.

"Do you understand what you're saying? Who told you about 'husbands'??"

"Yes, he's my husband."

"You're a boy, you can't have a husband!" Hearing this, Li Biming whipped his head around and stared deep into Maria's eyes. Maria gazed back into his abyssal eyes and froze in fear.

"A boy..?" Li Biming crossed his arms and looked at Maria up and down, as if he was rating her.

"With your looks, no man or woman would go for you. Maybe you should settle in for a rat instead." He shrugged and gave her a condenseding smirk. Li Biming couldn't stand her in the first place and just went back in his room, leaving a fuming and embarrassed Maria in the living room.

How dare you talk to me like that... Just you wait you orphan...

***

Hai Hung thought he would be able to sneak back in Atlantis if he had used illegal means to enter. But who would've thought that security would be this high, making it nearly impossible to get back in without a proper identity. He had already see wanted posters of him and knew that he couldn't openly appear. As he was in his thoughts, he felt someone gently tap his shoulder. Turning around, he saw his step-sister, Hai Qianyu. Suspicious of her appearance, Hai Hung guarded himself against her.

"Sister... Why are you here?" Hai Hung cautiously asked.

"Xiao Hung, Sister has been trying to find you! Big brother and mother are searching all over Atlantis for you!" Hai Qianyu said a in aggrieving tone. Feeling his cautiousness and guarded actions, she began to coax him.

"Xiao Hung, come back with your sister okay? I convinced mom and big brother to find justice for you, I'm sure you didn't kill dad."

If it was before, Hai Hung might've struggled to leave her but now, he could see the disgusting gleam of arrogance and disdain deep within her eyes, mocking him for being an idiot. Although it didn't hurt as much as before, Hai Hung still felt the pang in his heart after seeing his step-sister's true intentions. Sorting out his emotions, Hai Hung was determined to escape his step-sister's clutches and find another way to enter Atlantis and claim the throne for himself.

However, when he opened his mouth, what came out were not words but a splash of red liquid floating in the water. Hai Hung looked down at his chest to find a dagger pierced through his chest where his heart was located. Coughing in pain and despair, he caught the sight of his step-sister smirking and laughing as if he was the best comedian of the year.

"Pfft-hahahaha! How much dumber could you get?? Haha! I can't believe you fell for such an easy and stupid trap! Hehe, hope you enjoy your time with father in hell~" Hai Hung saw Hai Qianyu waving him goodbye happily and walking away with a person dressed in black who had the dagger that stabbed him.

Lying on the ground, Hai Hung felt his thoughts slow down and his body grow numb by the second.

I wish I had seen you one last time... Xiao Ming...

His last thought disappeared when his heart finally stopped beating.

[ALERT: The world is about to collapse, may host please leave before it completely collapses.]

"Pfttt--" Spitting out that had just entered his mouth Li Biming wiped his mouth with a shocked face.

"Huh??? W-What happened??"

Please don't tell me...

[Master's physical body in this world has died, his soul fragment is about to escape from this world.]

"Who killed my hubby!?!" Li Biming was furious and helpless at the same time, this world will be beyond saving if his hubby's soul left and he couldn't avenge his hubby since he had to catch the soul fragment first. Sighing, Li Biming told the system to remove his soul from the current body so he could chase after his hubby.

"Wait! Would I still get this body's skills?"

[... Yes.]

"Great!"

[But the age restriction is still on.]

"... Shit!"
.
.
.
.
.
________________

A/N: HAHAHAHAHA don't worry, they'll come back to this world. It's not the end, at least not yet.