Fragment of an Abused Teen (III)

Goddamn it! I can't hear anything either!

Li Yong watched as the 5 boys cornered Zhou Feng. Although he couldn't hear them, reading their lips was feasible. From the looks of it, they were obviously ganging up to bully his hubby. Li Yong dashed out his office, scaring the poor students around him.

"Holy shi-!!!"

"?!!?!"

"Wahh!!"

Exclamations rang out as Li Yong passed the people around him in a flash, reaching his destination in seconds. Taking a few deep breaths to calm his heaving chest, Li Yong walked up to the 5 students casually. As he got closer he heard one of them say in a disgusting tone, "Where's today's money Xiao Feng?~"

"I don't have it!"

"... Hm? Why not?"

"M-My parents forgot to give me any again."

His parents never gave him money, if anything, he was the one who gave them his hard-earned money. He would work part-time as a cook for a ramen shop near the school and get home by 8 p.m. only to be robbed of his paycheck. If it wasn't for the fact he would hide some of that money in a box hidden from his parents' sights, he wouldn't have any money on him.

"You had the same excuse yesterday. Don't expect me to let you off the hook today."

Jing Yang, the boy in charge, snapped his fingers and the 4 people next to him trapped Zhou Feng against the corner of the wall.

"Search him."

But before they could take action, a cold voice covered in killing intent resonated in their ears.

"Don't touch him."

"Who dares to order this young master aroun-"

Jing Yang's breath was taken away by the appearance of the man behind him. Such unparalleled beauty... Too bad he's not a woman.

"May I ask why you're here?" Jing Yang's tone noticeably changed to a softer one, clearly influenced by that man's looks.

"That is none of your concern. But what you're doing is clearly an act of bullying." Li Yong glared at the blondie in front of him in anger.

With me here, no one's allowed to bully my hubby!

Jing Yang's face became visibly colder as a smile surfaced on his face. "Bullying? Pardon me, but you're wrong. This boy here stole my money and refuses to return it."

"N-No! I didn't!" Zhou Feng paled at Jing Yang's words. He wasn't afraid to be beaten up again, nor was he afraid of being scorned in public. However what he feared the most was the impression Dr. Li had on him. But would he believe him? It hasn't even been a day since they met. There was no way a man as beautiful and caring as Dr. Li would trust a guy like him.

If only I knew he would appear in my life. Maybe I would've cared more...

When Zhou Feng realized that his words would only worsen the situation, he stopped and gave in to Jing Yang's words.

"Do you think I'm an idiot? A skinny malnourished boy like him stealing your money and not knowing the consequences? At the very least he shouldn't be dumb enough to put himself in danger just for a few bucks. Stop with your useless blathering." Li Yong sprouted out a bunch of words that even he didn't even know he could and made sense of this situation.

[Looks like he's not that much of an idiot afterall...]

Jing Yang felt the corner of his mouth twitch. "What proof do you have? As an adult, you should be responsible for your words." A sneer crept on his face as he retorted Li Yong's words.

"Proof..?" Li Yong smirked with contempt.

"What better proof than the words you had spoken before and the video in my hand?" Li Yong held up his phone and pressed the play button for the video on the screen.

A replay of Jing Yang's actions towards Zhou Feng appeared on the screen and the threats said were clearly heard through the phone's speaker.

Jing Yang frowned and furrowed his brows. But he then ginned and spoke with a soft yet malicious voice.

"My my. So what if you've caught me red-handed? You think you're the first?" Jing Yang raised his brow and chuckled. "How bout I hand you some cash and we call it a day, hm?"

"Ha." Li Yong scoffed.

"Who needs your dirty money, I'd rather be a beggar than take your money."

"Who do you think you are, huh? Take away his phone!" Jing Yang commanded the 4 boys next to him and they rushed to snatch the phone in Li Yong's hands.

"N-No!" Zhou Feng ran to stop the 4 boys but he only managed to hold back one of them, while the other 3 attacked Li Yong.

"You think these little kids can stop me? Haha!" Li Yong laughed mockingly at Jing Yang's words and his subordinates' actions.

Li Yong put his phone into the pocket of his new white lab coat and cracked his knuckles.

"It's been a while since I worked out. Free sandbags for me!" Li Yong's fist struck at the incoming boy's belly, the force of the punch made the boy cough and stagger away in pain.

"Next!" Li Yong looked at the stunned boy who was right behind the one he just punched and kicked him in a certain area with his right foot.

"Ahhhhh-!" The poor boy couldn't even finish screaming before he was stomped on by Li Yong as he moved onto his next target.

"N-N-No! I sur-sur-render!" The third boy stood there, shaking his pale face with his hands waving in front of him.

"Oh what a good boy you are..." Li Yong smiled gently but the boy saw only saw a demon in disguise.

Without any pause in his movements, Li Yong grabbed one of the boy's flinging hands and flipped him over his shoulder.

"What a nice workout." Li Yong grinned happily.

"... W-What..." Jing Yang was completely shocked by this beautiful- no, it should be demonic- man's actions and unconsciously stepped backward.

Zhou Feng, who has been watching this happen was in a daze. At first, he wanted to charge in and help Li Yong but it seemed like he would've become baggage if he did. The boy on the floor, who had been held back by Zhou Feng earlier, felt a wave of relief wash over him as he was lucky enough to have been spared from the pain his fellow friends experienced.

Thank god I didn't rush in...

Rang out in both Zhou Feng and the boy's mind.

"Now..." Li Yong looked like a demon from hell with a beautifully gentle smile when he turned to face Jing Yang.

"You're next."
.
.
.
.
.
_______________

The author has something to say:

I've never written an action scene before, this is the best I can offer...
(*_ _)人

<|Small Theater|>

Li Yong: "Fight me! Laozi ain't afraid of nothin'!"

Zhou Feng: "... Am I not manly enough to be the gong???"

Jing Yang: "... Fu*k!"

The beaten-up boys: "... M-Monster!"