Fragment of a Merman (V)

"Hung-gege, what should we do of those bad big brothers find you?" Li Biming's baby face had furrowed brows as if he was contemplating about something serious with worry. Hai Hung saw his face scrunch up like a raisin and laughed lightly.

"Why are you laughing Hung-gege?"

"Because you're so cute."

Hai Hung smiled and patted his head. Li Biming was caught by surprise but then took the hand on his head and placed it next to his cheek. Holding it in his hands, Li Biming nuzzled against Hai Hung's rough hands like a small kitten.

When Li Biming removed Hai Hung's hand from his head, Hai Hung stiffened up because he thought that Li Biming didn't like him patting his head anymore now that he had discovered that he (LBM) already knew of his non-human identity. Just as he was going to pull his hand away, Li Biming brought it up to his face and rubbed against it. This display of dependency and cuteness melted Hai Hung's already warmed heart and caused him to look at Li Biming with gentleness overflowing from his (HH) eyes.

I'm blessed to have met you in this life...

Just as Hai Hung was about to get another cup of water, he heard rough voices outside.

"Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Yes yes! I saw two children go in, one of them had light brown hair and the other had blue hair! Even his eyes were blue!" A poor looking man glanced at the broken-down house in excitement and then at the buff hunter next to him.

"You'd better be correct or else you'll have to make up for wasting my time."

"Yes yes!"

Li Biming also heard these two men talking outside the decaying door.

System! Activate the map!

The map appeared in front of his eyes displaying a the structure of this dilapidated house. Outside were a few gray dots and within the house was a red and black dot next to each other. Searching the house for another exit, Li Biming found a hidden back door behind a huge curtain.

"Hung-gege, this way!" Li Biming grabbed Hai Hung's hand just as he heard the people outside arrive at the front door.

"Tch. It's locked." With three loud bangs, the door fell down and a cloud of dust arose from the broken door slamming onto the stone floor.

Coughing and waving the dust away from his face, the hunter and vagabond examined their surroundings for possible signs of the children.

"Where are they?!"

"That's what I should be asking YOU!"

The vagabond exclaimed in surprise and the hunter yelled back at him. Scared, the weaker man hunched his back in fear that the stronger man in front of him would suddenly kill him in anger.

Meanwhile, Li Biming was still holding onto his hubby's hand and running away from the house they were just in. Hai Hung was afraid that the child in front of him would faint again and picked him off the ground, holding him in a princess carry. Li Biming let out a small shout in surprise but then held onto Hai Hung's neck tightly.

Soon, they escaped to a crowded marketplace, hoping to find refuge in the crowd. Placing Li Biming down on his feet, Hai Hung grasped Li Biming's small hand in his rough ones and they braved through the crowd together. It was loud, stuffy, and chaotic; but the two tightened their hold on each other and continued forward. Suddenly, a soft and sweet voice passed through their ears, "Xiao Ming? Is that you?"

Maria saw a glimpse of his missing little brother in the crowd and called out his name, "Xiao Ming!"

Li Biming refused to look back and urged his lover, "Ignore her! Let's go Hung-gege!"

Seeing that his hubby wasn't moving, Li Biming planned to pull him away again. However, his hubby seemed to be resisting this time as he did not move an inch when Li Biming tried to pull him away.

"Hung-gege what's wrong? Let's go! She's going to find us!"

Hai Hung gazed into Li Biming's eyes and saw his concern and anxiousness in them. Smiling gently, Hai Hung took out the crowd and into a secluded alleyway.

"What's wrong Hung-geg-" Before he could finish his sentence, Li Biming was pulled into a tight yet comfortable hug. Their hug lasted for a good second before Hai Hung pulled away and caressed his cheek tenderly.

"Xiao Ming... You can't follow Hung-gege anymore. You will be in danger and Hung-gege doesn't want that..." Hai Hung coaxed Li Biming in a soothing voice while rubbing his head.

"No! Hung-gege will be in danger! Xiao Ming doesn't want to leave Hung-gege!" Li Biming tugged on Hai Hung's sleeves and refused to let go. However when he did, Li Biming felt his heart tightening again.

Damn! This shitty illness!!

Li Biming felt his legs go soft and his body getting heavier. His eyesight became blurry again but he still held onto Hai Hung's sleeve tightly.

When Hai Hung saw this, he immediately bit his lips again and gave the child in his arms mouth to mouth resuscitation (cpr). He let the child drink his blood as he pressed his lips against Li Biming's. However before Li Biming could fully recover, Hai Hung let go and left him in a half-conscious state.

No! Don't leave!

Li Biming yelled silently in his mind as he watched his lover place him down on the ground and pat his head.

"Don't worry, Hung-gege will get your sister to pick you up."

Clutching his sleeve even tighter, Li Biming asked in a soft voice, "Ar-Are you leaving Xiao Ming... Hung-gege..?"

"No. I am not." Hai Hung displayed a pained look for a second before smiling again. Removing Li Biming's hand from his sleeve, he told him, "Hung-gege promises he will find you in the future okay?"

"En... Will we be together in the future?"

"Yes. We will. Forever."

"Mhm... okay. Come find me soon, Hung-gege..." Li Biming let go of his remaining consciousness and dozed off.
.
.
.
.
.
___________________

A/N: Something I wasn't able to add; how did they know Hai Hung's hair and eye color? Well when he picked up the unconscious Li Biming his hood fell off so someone nearby saw it and reported him to the hunters association.

*Slight spoiler: time skip coming up~*