(Sanemi)

//

"Really, Oyakata-sama?" You exclaimed happily.

"Yes, (Name)."

"Thank you so much, Oyakata-sama. You're such an angel."

"You're welcome. I guess, you're really happy about this."

"Ofcourse, Oyakata-sama. I really want to go on a mission with him. It's a dream come true."

"I see. Okay, you can go now. Inform Shinazugawa about this. Take care to the both of you."

You nodded and bid your goodbye to him. You immediately went outside then you saw Sanemi, you approached him.

"Hi, Sanemi-san." You said while waving at him. "Let's go?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ah, yes! Oyakata-sama said that I'm your partner in this mission. Exciting, right?"

"Tch. Fine." and he turned his back on you. "Let's go." then he walked away. Wow! Nice talking. You followed him instantly.

You two are walking together, no one dares to talk. Well, it's not a problem to you, as long as you're with him. Every minute you can't help to steal a glimpse on him. Everyone knew that you have a feelings on the Wind Pillar, even him. It started when he saved you from a demon and since that day you can't get him out of your head. You don't believe in love at first but it changed when you saw him. You searched about him and you found out that he's a hashira in a Demon Slaying Corps. You joined the Final Selection and to your luck, you passed the examination. You became a demon slayer but you're not satisfied with it, you want more. You trained hard to become a hashira and it seems like your hardwork paid off. After months, you promoted as a Hashira. You back to your senses when he stopped on walking and looked at you.

"Is there something on my face? Why do you keep on staring?" He asked irritatedly.

You immediately looked away with a hint of pink shade in your cheeks. "N-nothing. I'm sorry."

"Oi!" You looked at him again while pointing to yourself. "Who else?"

"Why?"

"Did you plan this? I mean, did you tell Oyakata-sama to be my partner?"

"Excuse me? Ofcourse not. I don't know anything about this."

"Okay. If you say so."

"Hmp."

"(Name). Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead. Wait, let's take a sit first. My feet hurts." You sit on the ground then he sit beside you. "So, spill it."

"Do you have a brother or sister?"

"No. I don't have."

"I see."

"Why?"

"Well, I have a brother, a little brother. I did horrible things to him but I did it because I just want to protect him. I don't want him to die. He's the only family that I have but because of that I hurt him." then he looked down.

"Genya, right?" then he nodded. "Why don't you say sorry to him? Give him a gift or something? For sure, he will appreciate it or just simple say sorry. I mean, the way Genya looks at you, it's full of admiration and longing for you. He will be happy if you do that."

"Do you think that I can do that?" then he looked at you.

"Ofcourse. Fighting, Sanemi-san!" You said smiling widely.

He ruffles your hair so you shoved his hand lightly. "I fix my hair for about hours. So please, don't mess it."

"(Name), can I ask you again?"

"Are we having an interview here?" You said jokingly.

"Just answer it."

"Fine. I'm just asking."

You heard him sighed. "So, why do you like me?"

"Excuse me part two?"

"I said,why do you like me? Ugggh! Don't mind it." then he glares at you.

"You're so cute, Sanemi-san." You said laughing. "Well, to answer that one. Let's just say that it's a love at first sight. At first, I don't believe in that kind of shit but when I saw you, it changed. One more thing, I owe my life to you bigtime."

"My job is to protect human from demons."

"I know but I'm still thankful."

"I just can't believe that you will like me."

"Why not? You're cool. You're brave. You're strong and the most important is, I like you because you're Sanemi Shinazugawa."

"but I'm not attractive. I mean, look at my scars. It's disgusting."

You looked at him in disbelief and with that you hit him in the head.

"What's your problem?"

"You. Who says that you're not attractive? FYI, your scars are not disgusting. Stop saying that. Gosh! You're stressing me out."

You saw him blushing. "Stop saying non-sense."

"I'm not. I'm just saying the truth."

"Whatever." then he stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"We need to go, (Name). If you want to stay here then okay."

"Help me to stand up."

"Fine." then he offered his hand that you took gladly.

"So, let's go?"

"(Name)?"

"Yes?"

"Promise me that you won't die in this mission?"

"Uhm, okay? You too."

"I won't die. Stupid. You better keep you promise. After this mission, I'll treat you."

You widened your eyes on him. "Treat me? Like a date?"

"No. We will just eat."

"but that's a date." You said pouting.

"Fine! It's a date! You're unbelievable."

"Oh my gosh! Is this real? Are we going to have a date?"

"Yes. So you need to survive, okay?"

"I have a motivation to finish this mission. Let's go, Sanemi-san."

"Calm down, okay?"

"Sorry. I can't help it. It's just, I'm so happy. I've been waiting for this moment. You asked me on a date."

"You're so noisy, (Name). So, let's go?" then he offered his hand to you. "Hold it."

"Are you sure? Is it okay to hold your hand?"

"You don't want to?"

"Ofcourse, I love to." then you held his hand. "Your hand is so warm, Sanemi-san. It feels surreal. I really like you." You said giggling.

"Whatever." then he started dragging you while blushing furiously. In your state, you're smiling widely. You can't wait to finish this mission because you're looking forward to go on a date with him.

//