Chapter 3

It was like his wife was that huge star, one star in the silent sky that glinted meaningfully at his way, and he desired more than wanting to catch the ball of gases with his bare hands.

------

Namjoon's pov

I put a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, feeling great sympathy over his big loss. I just hope him for the best.

But in my observation, something is not right here.

The killer killed Taehyung's wife with a good reason to do so, and she knew something she cannot know. What was it? And the killer let Tae healthy and alive... well, except being mentally healthy.

It's like the killer wanted Tae to be more than realizing the New York famous serial killer's appearance. He stayed there, even having a horrifying chats with him.

Then Jin mumbled, "Why the killer bothered to have a chat with you, Tae?" He then raised his voice, receiving a few glances toward him, "If he doesn't want Tae to know who killed his lover, as a smart killer, he should've scram away. But he stayed, as if wanting Tae to know his features, and what more, his whereabouts. Get it? Because anything the killer do, it can be a clue, another step forward for us."

Sharp observation, Jin. That's what we all admire in him. He's the sharpest member after me. I'm just the best in languages and have a strong leadership. But when I'm feeling down or really frustrated, I cannot lead a group because I can't think right. I can't really handle myself when I'm feeling overwhelmed. It makes me feel bad..

"Leader? You okay?" Jimin asked, worriness coated his words. I immediately replied, "Yeah, I'm okay Jimin."

Despite being the leader, based on hearing the six members' mind, I have the guess that my mind is the darkest than them all. Sure, I don't share what's deep in my mind. You could say that I don't want to worry them. Besides, we have lots of problems to face, not to hear about the each part of my nonsense problems.

I let out a quiet disappointed sigh, which earns an even more worried glance by Jimin. Ugh!

I held my face from twisting it off to being annoyed by the situation, and went off to the toilet to clear my mind.

Yoongi's pov

And that's Leader for you. Hard-headed, and only think about the others instead of himself.

I clicked my tounge in annoyance. In this room, I'm the one who observe everthing. Jin is the sharpest, Namjoon have the best leadership, Jimin with the best strength, Hoseok with his best tricks up his sleeves, Taehyung is the master of lying at people without faltering and Jungkook with the best stamina, which can rival with Jimin's.

Even though I observe everything, I also have the 'power' to tell if somebody's lying or not. I'm also a thick headed person, but when I'm really bothered or just really bored and want to explain my feelings, I'll just let it all go. No matter how much we want to block out of feeling to others, we HAVE to.

I walked to the bathroom and pushed the door handle down as light seeps through. I continue pushing the door as it creaks open, and to my surprise, I found Namjoon hugging his bent knees to his chest, head looking down. I immediately rushed to him and squatted down, waves of worriness crashed down upon me.

"Namjoon?" I muttered out while shaking both of his shoulders to wake him up from his trance. "Leader, wake up." But he still keep his head down, eyes looking distant from where we stood. He looked lost. "Namjoon!"

He eventually snap his head up, eyes showing out his fear. Confusion attacked me, what is happening? But then he blinked as his eyes shows nothing but guilt. He hold my shoulder to try assuring me he's all right, but that's not working.

"Hey, I'm.. sorry," he apologized sincerely. "It... is okay. But what happened? You okay?" He hung his head low again and shake it slowly, utter desperate attacked his head.

"Make it stop.." he mumble in pain, and grip the pale man's shoulder tighter. Yoongi opened his arms and wrapped his leader, securing him with warmth. "Make what stop?" his voice softened. "Namjoon, tell me."

So far, only Namjoon can make his heart soften easily because they are childhood friends that went through thick and thin together. Same with the other male, that's why he get easily melt when Yoongi's around. "Taehyung..."

"Hm?" I encouraged him to go on. "Taehyung... how can we help him?"

"Oh, Namjoon." My eyelids faltered down an inch, lips curving up a sad smile. "We'll catch his wife's killer with our own hands. In that way, we can help Taehyung to move on with his wife's loss. I really hope we can make him feel even better."

"Exactly." his sudden monotone voice startled me. "How exactly do we do that? Can we, actually?" no, I know his insecurity with his leadership is bothering him. He feel like he's unable to lead this FBI group properly. He's so wrong.

I put my hand on top of his dark grey hair and ruffles the soft mop gently. "Joon, I told you to stop feeling insecure. You can talk with me about it. I know that capturing the killer will make Tae be grateful to no end with us, and himself. Stop thinking about the bad side," He raise his head, gratitude were shown in his eyes. "And go on with you amazing sense of leadership."

"Thank you." I nodded, proud with myself when Namjoon stood on his feet again. "Now, I command you, and I to get out of this filthy toilet room!" I let out an amused laugh, "Aye aye, captain."