Chapter 10

Aoki just stay silent, eyes with hope were eyeing him with expectance, then he slowly sigh, "All right. I'll do this. But remember, don't expect any success." Their faces brightens, silently muttering out thankful words to their manager.

------

And the next day, Steve began to dial a certain number. Soon, the call were pick up.

"Hello?" Steve's calm, stoic voice made their ears perked up in anticipation. The call had made into speaker. "Who is this?" Strict but polite voice replied back.

Steve smiled before replying, "I am from the Jäger group." A loud gasp soon were heard by the seven member, confusion written on their face. "Jäger what?" Asked Hoseok with a scrunched, eyes squinted face. Jimin raised both of his shoulders, despite holding on the laugh toward Hoseok's face.

"J..Jäger. Please hold on, we'll call later." The call were immediately hung up.

Silence arose in the air, but soon been broke by Jungkook, "Er... that's all?"

A small smile flashed to Jungkook's way, "No, he said he'll call later."

They waited for a moment before Steve's phone started ringing again. He pick up the call, the small smile never leaving his face. "Ah... yes." The man's voice became stoic in a matter of second. "What is your business here?"

"You see, I want you to give me the file of informations about the New York serial killer." Steve's voice matched the caller's voice, which amaze the seven of FBI members. "Yes, can do."

"That's.. all?!" Whisper-shouted Taehyung, ray of happiness beamed onto his features, hesistant but happy smile dancing on his face. The others smiled happily too, success slowly raising towards their way.

"What?!"

Steve's shout exterminate their happy thoughts immediately. "What do you mean that you only have his name?!"

"S-sir.. please calm down. Wh-"

Steve cut his words and began to silently muttered loud enough for the seven of them to hear. His tone were poison nipped inside each words, sending chills to the caller. They can imagine it. "This is important. One of my members was killed by that brat's hand." Steve downgraded the killer before continuing, "And I don't appreciate the fact that you only have his name when you know what group that he associate with."

The caller's gruff voice coughed, getting their attention. "I will send the files to you."

Steve draw a smirk. "Knew it." He immediately pressed the red button and throwed his phone to the sofa. "Finally!" Steve let out a huff of relieveness.

Taehyung jumped from his seat and hugged Steve, which was caught off guard with the sudden action. "Oh, thank you." Their manager hugged him back to assure him warmth, "It's nothing, Taehyung. I'm glad I could help."

The atmosphere turned melancholic when Taehyung sobbed into his manager's shoulder. He widened his eyes and gave a panic face to the other six. He's bad at coaxing others! A panic Namjoon immediately wrapped his arms around Tae's figure, hoping for tears to lessen.

Jimin and Jungkook joined them, sharing their warmth with him. Taehyung slowly push them away, wiping a tear before it manage to strike down. "T..thank you." Mumbled Taehyung again.

Steve's feature softened by his subordinate's face. He treated them like his own family. "This is all I could help. I'm sorry, Mr. Kim."

"It's okay," Taehyung's wide eyes faced the floor, still cannot believe of their step forwards of this search. Aftef they get the data and analyzing it, they can start their ambush- or attack to the serial killer that stole many lives of New York's citizens. Oh, how grateful would everyone be.

Their goosebump slowly arose without any known reason, but they ignored it to celebrate their success. "Well, we have the killer's data. This is surprisingly a fast step to caught the murderer! Gosh, we should celebrate this!"

Jimin springed from his seat, "I agree! Let's go to-" Hoseok cut him off with a bewildered look, "No! Your opinion of good places to go were always bad! No opinion for you!"

Jimin let out an unsatisfied hiss, eyes twitching up and down. Steve laughed heartwarmingly, "Okay boys, just think of where we should go. And of course, I will pay!" The goosebump went down disappointly after the room was erupted with their cheers.