memories and sandwiches

Five years ago

Loud chatters filled the cramped space of the very popular sandwich place, most of the clients coming from the university, whose campus was spread right next to the small shop. It was a small shop, decorated with a various photos of the growth of the family business, a light and youthful feel surrounding it's walls.

Namjoon stood in the line, large headphones blasting music on top of the background noise of chattering and laughing of the young adults.

His eyes scanned the menu, considering his choices as he looked down at his thin wallet. He ran a hand through his short mint green hair, then fiddling with the strings of the hoodie of the school.

Namjoon would have prefered to stay in his dorm room, curtains closed and music in his ears to read a webtoon or jot down some lyrics. but he hadn't eaten in the entire day, and his stomach was protesting.

Finally being able to order, he greeted the cashier with a small shy smile and asked for his go to sandwich, paying the man and walking to the side to wait for his lunch.

As he turned to look back at the ligne he'd just been standing in, his eyes suddenly widened.

Right at the cash register, stood one of the top dancers in his division, still in workout clothes, face shiny from sweat and black hair slightly wet. He had a large smile on his thick lips, showing off his smile. Friends surrounded him, having been talking loudly with him behind Namjoon before he'd taken his order.

The tall man swallowed thickly, eyes trailing down to Jimin's well built body, his thick thighs revealed by his shorts.

He fell into a small daze, before the man turned around to join him in the small corner to wait for his order. Their eyes met, Namjoon's heart stuttered, Jimin looked at him for a few seconds before he smiled and nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Namjoon smiled back hesitantly, feeling his hands getting clammy as the definition of attractiveness stood just next to him, only a few centimeters from their shoulders touching.

He'd taken off his headphones to be able to hear his order being called out, he was now able to hear the high tone of Jimin's voice as he spoke, and the small squeeks he made when he doubled over laughing.

"A mozzarella, tomato and pesto sandwich!" The lady called out, holding the wrapped good in her gloved hand as she yelled, snapping Namjoon from his daze.

"Yes!" He said, stepping forward.

His voice was matched with someone else's, both of them stepping forward at the same time and reaching for the sandwich together.

Namjoon looked over to see Jimin, black hair falling over his eyes slightly and dark eyes looking to him with a surprised, and amused, smile.

He ran a hand through his hair, revealing his forehead and straight eyebrows to the nervous Namjoon, who retracted his hand and looked down.

"Go ahead." Namjoon said.

Jimin smiled, taking the sandwich and heading it to the taller, looking up to his thin eyes.

"No, no." He chirped. "You were first, take it."

Namjoon nodded, taking the sandwich, biting his lips to suppress a goofy smile when their fingers brushed together.

"Thanks." he uttered, before walking away quickly.

A/N:

hey everyone!

I'm currently on vacation Manchester.

It is super cold, but it smells like fried chicken everywhere.

I went shopping in the city centre and I legit have never seen a district so dense in thrift stores, 100% would recommend ;)

hope you liked this chapter and are doing well, wherever you are~