Phone call

Jimin waved back at his family as they sat in their seats on the train back to Seoul, the family of three was standing on the platform outside the window, large smiles and on their faces -especially Jieun, who was waving obnoxiously at them which made Jimin giggle cutely.

The train started going, Jimin and Namjoon blowing their last kisses to the window before the train was out of the station of Busan and into the mainland of Korean.

"We didn't go to the sea this time." Jimin said as he looked out of the window from his seat, the view of the large sea spreading in front of him.

"It's fine, we didn't have that much time anyway." Namjoon said, looking down to his bag and raising it to his lap to find something in it.

"Have you ever been to the sea in Busan?" JImin asked. "It's even more beautiful in winter, when it snows in the sea."

Namjoon nodded softly, having found the container he was looking for and unfolding Jimin's small table to place it onto it along with two forks.

"I've never been to the sea," Namjoon said, opening the container to reveal a piece of carrot cake they had bought at the station.

Jimin jumped in his seat, turning to Namjoon in a second with eyes as wide as saucers and eyebrows shot up to wrinkled his forehead. Typical Jimin response, Namjoon thought as he chuckled.

"What?!" He asked, as if Namjoon had just said the most unconceivable thing. "You-... have never, been to the sea before? ever?"

Namjoon shook his head.

"Never."

Jimin brought a hand to raise to Namjoon's hair, running his fingers through it as Namjoon picked up a fork to take a piece of cake.

"That's so sad, Joon-ah." He said, "We'll go when you come for christmas, promise."

Namjoon nodded, rolling his eyes as Jimin had his pinky finger to him but hooking his nonetheless.

"Alright, promise."

And with that, Jimin could finally concentrate on something else and decided to pick up his own fork and dig in as well.

He hummed as he took his first bite, turning to Namjoon with a small smile before taking another piece.

"This is good, i'd never tasted carrot cake before." He said.

Namjoon turned to him comically, widening his eyes in exaggeration as he gasped loudly.

"WhAt? You've never tasted carrot cake before? ever?" He moked Jimin, imitating how he'd talked when Namjoon had admitted to never having been to the beach before.

Jimin laughed,throwing his head back and raising his hand to cover his toothy smile, rolling his eyes as he took yet another piece, shoving it into Namjoon's mouth to shut him up and accidently smudging some on the corner of his lips.

Namjoon laughed as well, happy to see Jimin's large smile before he saw his eyes shift to the corner of his mouth.

And before he knew it, Jimin was kissing him to lick off the small piece of carrot cake that had been stuck to his skin, licking his lips afterwards.

He looked and Jimin silently for a few seconds, eyes darting to his full lips before looking back up at his chocolate brown eyes.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" he asked, a small playful smile pulling at his lips.

JImin giggled, shaking his head before Namjoon's had stopped him, going to the back of his head to pull him closer and bring their lips together again.

Namjoon shifted his head to the side, both of their eyes closed as they savoured the foreign taste of carrot cake on the other's lips.

But before long Namjoon pulled away, placing his head on Jimin's shoulder and shifting a little to get comfortable, one of his hands resting on the inside of Jimin's thigh as the other held the very top of his forearm.

"I'm going to take a small nap." he said, shifting again before one of his hands fished for his back pocket to get his phone out of it and placing it next to the now empty container.

Jimin chuckled, looking down at Namjoon's large hand that was on the inside of his thigh as he felt Namjoon's head slowly bobbing to the side with the slight jolts of the train as he fell asleep.

He loved those hands, his large palm with a few veines running under his skin like cracks on marble, long fingers and his beautiful nails.

Had Namjoon been awake, he would have taken the hand in his and played with his fingers, but he liked the feeling of his warm hand on his thigh and he didn't want to wake the older up either.

The phone on the table suddenly buzzed, making Jimin jolt out of his daze softly, he picked it up, thinking that if it was any of their coworkers he knew he would answer it and say Namjoon was asleep.

Instead, the phone that buzzed into his hands showed a very particular name he was sure he had absolutely no business answering.

"Mom"

It surprised Jimin slightly, because for a time he had questioned if Namjoon even had parents, but they seemed all to real now that their number was calling Namjoon's phone, making it buzz silently in his hand as he stared at the contact.

It served as a grim reminder that there really was a huge part of Namjoon's life and identity Jimin knew absolutely nothing about, but before he could think too hard about the phone stopped buzzing and turned off again.

And Jimin was forced to place the phone back to the table, leaving all of his questions still unanswered and a long train ride alone with them.

A/N:

thank you so much for 2k reads!! Did you like this chapter?

Any thoughts?