dicussions

"I really thought you'd changed when I saw you arriving early at that meeting." Taehyung said, straight faced with bored eyes, as Jimin settled in the seat in front of him. "But apparently you're still a tardy little shit."

Jimin laughed at that, taking Taehyung's drink and having a sip. It was hot chocolate.

"Sorry Taehyung-ah." He said as he placed the drink back on the table, the younger looking at his antics with a raised eyebrow.

Not only does he arrive late, now he's taxing my drink? that little shit

"You're obviously not."

Jimin smiled sheepishly, asking Taehyung how his day had gone to change the focus of the conversation. Taehyung seemed as calm as usual, his face not shifting that much as he spoke. But Jimin could see he was happy.

He'd met a girl whilst going out with friends recently, and it seemed to considerably lift his mood.

"What's up with you though? And Namjoon? Haven't seen him since the meeting." They'd ordered a plate of sweet delicacies and tea for two. Jimin took a piece of strawberry layer cake.

"I've been ok I guess." He said. "Namjoon not so much."

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, urging Taehyung to continue.

"He-... he had a panic attack yesterday...I think." He said, turning his spoon in the tea, looking down as the water followed it.

Taehyung didn't say anything, knowing well Jimin would continue talking if he didn't push him to. He seemed to be looking for his words, still observing the contents of his cup of tea.

"I... I think he had a nightmare? He was turning around a lot and breathing weird when he was sleeping."

"Has he had nightmares before?" Taehyung asked.

"No never." Jimin said, distress clear in his voice as he brought his hand to run through his hair. "In five years i've never seen him that upset. It scared me..."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it?" Taehyung said, playing with one of the rings on his slender fingers as he watched Jimin take another piece of lava cake.

"I don't think he'd want that. I'll just-... I won't say anything, it's better if it comes from him, i don't want him to feel pressured to tell me anything.

Taehyung nodded, scooping a piece of lemon pie and holding the fork in front of Jimin's lips.

"Come on Chim, where's your stupid smile?" He said, a small pull tugging at his own lips.

JImin chuckled, rolling his eyes and taking Taehyung's offer with a small smile.

"Thanks Tae."

"Anytime."

***

"That was... still not it" Yoongi said as he took his huge headphones off, looking in front of him to Seokjin who was in the tiny recording studio, red lips still closed the mic, a pair of headphones of his own on his ears as he held his phone with the lyrics in front of him.

"Do you think you could tone it down just a little, your voice sounds a little strained on the end of it." Yoongi said, voice as slurred as always as he looked back down to his monitor.

Seokjin nodded, clearing his throat as he turned back to the mic.

The two were surprisingly calm with each other, keeping their usual snarky and sarcastic comment for when they weren't working for the first BTS album that was due to come out in a few months.

The younger played the music again, placing his headphones back over his head and turning back to the monitor as he sighed. They'd been in the studio for hours already but they couldn't seem to get it right.

Seokjin had already recorded most of his verses for the album, and Yoongi had been the one to do it with him. He found Seokjin's voice beautiful, although he would ever admit it out loud, but found it was a little too loud for the tone of the song, especially when he was recording background vocals.

He titled his chin up as he started hearing his own voice through the recording, eyes catching Seokjin's figure behind the glass. The older had a simple white shirt that fell off his broad shoulders and light washed ripped jeans that fell over his legs loosely. He was dressed so simply, yet Yoongi couldn't help but stare.

Especially his forearm, that he had in front of him to hold his phone up close to the mic. Thick veins cascaded down his smooth skin up to his large hands, Yoongi's cheeks starting to feel slightly hot.

Seokjin now had his eyes closed, his hair falling over his eyelids slightly as his adam's apple bobbed with his breaths.

His voice was a soft hum behind Yoongi's more rough voice, smoothing it out like frosting over a crumbly cake.

Seokjin finished his verse, immediately turning to Yoongi with expectant eyes. It was late and although Yoongi didn't seem to have anything stopping him from working multiple hours without a break, Seokjin had his limits.

"That was... great." Yoongi said, clearing his throat as his voice cracked at the end of the sentence, making him look like some prepubescent teen whose voice was till wild.

Seokjin chuckled cutely, Yoongi feeling his cheeks heat up again.

"Did my voice move you to the point you're blushing?" He asked, now leaning against the doorframe of the small studio, he had left the headphones hanging on the mic and was now looking at Yoongi with teasing eyes, his bangs swept to the back slightly from having run his hands through it after taking the headphones off.

"Shut up." Yoongi mumbled as he stood up, looking away because troubled by the fact he'd found Seokjin hot at that moment. "I'll hand this over to Adora, she's the best when it comes to finishing touches."

Seokjin nodded, slipping his sweater on and taking his coat over his arm.

"Okay." He said, voice cracking through his word as well.

Yoongi looked at him with guilt flashing through his mind. Had he been recording for so long it had made his voice sore from it?

He quickly rushed to Adora's studio to drop off the hard drive before going back to his studio to get his coat. Seokjin had already left, having shut the light off already.

Yoongi groaned audibly before slamming the door shut and breaking off into a run in the middle of the hallway. He passed by Namjoon, who turned around with his jaw slack, having never seen Yoongi do more then get off his couch and walk to his desk or vice versa.

The man panted as he reached the front entrance, spotting the tall figure of his coworker that had just left the building.

"Seokjin-ah!" He yelled, making the man turn around immediately, seemingly surprised with the sight of an out of breath Yoongi, breathing small clouds into the cold weather as he held onto his knees.

"You- Did- Good- Work- Today." Yoongi managed to choke out between pants and coughs. "Let's go get drinks, my treat."

Seokjin snorted, not used to the sight of his coworker, whom he had a very slight crush on (though he wasn't ready to admit it to himself yet.), completely out of breath, nose and ears already red from the cold.

He was cute.

Instead of making a snarky comment, Seokjin took a few steps forward and took Yoogi's coat from his hands, taking the long puffy jacket and draping it over Yoongi's shoulder, bending down to reach for the zipper and do it to the top.

His knuckle brushed against Yoongi's cold lips as the zip got the to top, making both of them blush, though it was a lot more noticeable on the younger's pale complexion.

"Sure." He chuckled, Yoongi burying his mouth into his jacket to conceal his cheeky smile.

Though it was still painfully obvious to Seokjin, who only chuckled again and lead Yoongi to the city center where they could get any food and drinks they wanted.

A/n:
hey everyone!
How'd you like this chapter?
How've you been?
Guys I got a conditional offer from Warwick university.