date

"Haaaa."

Jimin hummed, his chin tilted up to breath in the crisp air that floated around the river.

A serene feeling settled inside him as he filtered the fresh air through his lungs, probably clearing out all the pollution that had built up from going in the city and lingering in the underground metro.

Namjoon shuffles his nose out of his thick scarf and blew in the air, his breath forming a little cloud in front of him, he let out a laugh as a child would.

Jimin giggled next to him, his nose and the outlines of his eyes having turned a pretty red from the cold.

"Your nose is all red." The pink haired boy said as he tapped Namjoon's noss softly, his eyes had that soft glitter in them from when he was truly happy, turning Namjoon's heart into warm mush as he smiled dumbly.

"Yours is too." He said softly, regretfully taking his hand out of his cozy pocket to readjust his scarf over his nose again.

"What?"Jimin asked, his hand going to his earmuffs to take one of the off his ear. "I couldn't hear you."

"I said yours too." Namjoon said a little louder, hand slipping out of his pocket again to put the earmuff back in place.

His eyes were slightly glossed over, looking at Jimin's hair as said man tried to catch his gaze. He'd seemed slightly out of it for the past few days. Not necessarily acting weird but simply elsewhere.

It could have been because of the sudden announcement of their boss, but Jimin had a feeling it had more to do with the old woman he'd met right after.

Namjoon's long fingers brushed back some strands of pink hair that had been trapped between Jimin's lashes, hand then gently grazing the top of his cheek.

"Can I kiss you?" Namjoon whispered, his hot breath touching his skin gently.

His glossy eyes were trained on his hand, as if looking through Jimim's eyes would somehow break the moment of still time.

Jimin nodded, not having heard a word because of his earmuffs but rather having guessed by the look in his eyes his lips parting softly, tilting his chin higher as Namjoon's fingers brushed against it, Namjoon's eyes on his lips.

He tiptoed slightly, feeling Namjoon's other hand, still warm from being in his pocket, gently touch his bigger cheek.

And then Namjoon's cold lips pressed against his own, slightly try and chapped, but somehow it made Jimin's cheeks flare up as he clenched his fists in his pockets softly.

His heart was flooded with warm and sweet honey, dripping down to the pit of his stomach, his lips moved against Namjoon's, the older responding almost instantly.

And there came the butterflies again, swarming inside his skull and blocking any train of thought, leaving him as an empty shell, filled with warm honey and butterflies.

Namjoon's lips left his own and suddenly he felt again. The cold on his nose, the warmth in his pockets and the cristallin laughs if the children running around behind him.

His eyes fluttered open, lips parted to let out a choked breath, but before he could move, Namjoon's lips were grazing the skin of his cheek, just under his eye.

And the warm feeling was back, but it left quickly as Namjoon stood back up straight to finally look into his eyes, chapped lips into a soft smile.

"Your cheeks are so red." Namjoon chuckled, it soon turning into a cute laugh, matching the ones of the children. "Do i kiss that well?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, though inside he could feel his cheeks growing even hotter.

"I-it's the cold." He mumbled. "And you'd lips are chapped."

Namjoon laughed again, and Jimin couldn't help the gently smile that creeps up his lips as he saw him. His crinkled eyes, his red nose and his large smile.

The butterflies were back again.

***

"Cheolso! Close your eyes"

Crise. Loud cries. Then a loud gunshot and even more cries. A thud and then heavy boots against gravel and yells.

Dirty feet, the muddy gravel on the ground, and then blood, dark blood. And a woman holding her son.

More cries, louder, ever louder. And the dark red substance flooding the ground, licking his toes.

And then a loud gasp, a darkroom and heavy breaths and a clumsy hand against a sweaty forehead.

"Namjoon?" A soft voice. "Namjoon are you alright?"

The sheets rustle and an arm wraps around his shoulder.

"Namjoon? Did that horror movie scare you that much?" It's a joke, with the sole purpose of lightening up the mood.

But it doesn't, Namjoon is still breathing way too fast.

"Namjoon, you have to calm down." Jimin whispered softly, voice suddenly a lot more serious. "Deep breaths."

The older only shakes his head, chest still heaving as he raised his hand up weakly. It shaking slightly.

Jimin stops talking and looks down at Namjoon's other hand that's trembling softly on his lap. He wants to hold it, cradle it between his own, but he knows that's not what Namjoon's needs right now.

Namjoon rips the covers from his body and gets out of bed, stumbling out of the room.

A/N:
y'all it was my bday yesterday!
And I this story just got 3k reads! Thank you :)