mirrors & feelings

Jimin's eyes fluttered open, scrunching his nose slightly at the rays of sunlight tickling his face. He felt warm, cosy. Like all his muscles had melted into the soft mattress, feeling toasty under the covers.

He was facing the wall his bed had been pushed against, feeling a limp arm over his hips and hearing the not so soft snores of his boyfriend behind him.

A chuckle left his lips, turning around to face the said man, coming face to face with his extremely handsome face.

Mouth open, double chin on full glory  and drool falling from the corner of his lips to his beloved pillow. Jimin suppressed the intense urge to take a picture and add it to his long collection of unflattering photos. Instead, he pushed Namjoon's chin up to close his mouth, which was a technique he had acquired after long, sleepless nights of glaring at him for snoring so loud.

The action made Namjoon snore a little less loud, only breathing loudly from his nose.

It also made his face a little less revolting, and more like a toddler sleeping. He stirred slightly, running his tongue over his lips and swallowing, his hand wrapping tighter around Jimin's waist and burying his head in Jimin's neck.

He smiled softly, bringing his hand to play with Namjoon's black hair. His gaze caught in the mirror across the room, looking at the image of himself in his bed, and Namjoon hugging him close.

It felt weird, seeing himself from the outside.

He suddenly felt a wet substance against his collar bone, making him jolt slightly realising Namjoon was probably drooling over him.

That was the last straw for him, making him pull away in slight disgust, untangling Namjoon's arms from around his body and stumbling out of bed to wipe the drool off his neck and collarbone.

He grabbed his phone from his desk, opening it to see a message from one of his highschool friends.

We're having a class reunion today, are you free?

He looked at the time, realising that if he wanted to make it on time they would probably have to wake up Namjoon right now.

And that's just what he did, turning back to his boyfriend and pulling the covers from his body.

"Wake up Joon-ah" He said, throwing the covers on the other side of the room as Namjoon growled in bed.

"My high school friend invited me to a class reunion, and you're coming." Jimin said, walking to his night bag and pulling a clean white shirt.

Namjoon had turned around as Jimin took off his shirt, taking the time to admire the view of his shirtless boyfriend, the muscles of his back flexing in the mirror and his cute face as it popped out of his shirt, before sitting up in bed and rubbing his crusty eyes.

"You sure you want to bring our boyfriend there?" He asked, voice still heavy with sleep, thin eyes looking up to Jimin who'd taken a few steps towards him, clean shirt still in hand.

"Why not?" He shrugged, stepping closer to Namjoon and looking down at him -rejoicing in the foreign feeling of being the taller one.

"Maybe you wouldn't want them to know you're gay?" His large hands finding Jimin's bare hips, over the waistband of his pajama bottoms.

The younger rolled his eyes, running a hand through Namjoon's hair to get it out of his face.

"Nonsense, i couldn't care less." He smiled.

Namjoon nodded with a small smile, placing a soft kiss on the top of Jimin's stomach. Feeling proud of Jimin being so open about their relationship even though he was so scared of it when they had first started going out.

Having been 'straight' until his meeting with Namjoon in university, Jimin had been thrown into this new pool of insecurities and fear when he'd locked himself into the closet. But growing up, and after coming out to their colleges and Jimin's family, he'd seemed to have had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.

Good for him.

"Alright." He smiled, standing up and now towering over Jimin, one of his hands going to his chin and raising it slightly, his other circling around Jimin's waist and pulling him closer.

Jimin stepped on his tiptoes, closing his eyes as he waited for Namjoon's lips to softly press against his own.

And they did, touching his ever so softly, before they parted away again.

"Love you." Namjoon mumbled, rubbing his nose against Jimin's gently, making the younger giggle softly.

"Love you too."

Jimin's hands, that had been on the older's shoulder, slid to the back of his neck to pull his nape closer, titling his head up again to catch Namjoon's lips in yet another kiss.

His eyes opened slightly as their lips melted into each other, bodies close, and he looked at their reflexion in the mirror again.

Namjoon's hand that had slid to his cheek, the other one keeping him close with a strong grip around his waist. His eyes that were closed as they kissed, and their lips sealed between them.

Again, it felt weird. Like he was seeing his relationship from the outside, without the filter of feelings and emotions.

Just raw actions, no sugar coating.

Somehow, though he was kissing Namjoon, he didn't feel that spark he usually did, the butterflies in his stomach.

Nothing, just lips against his own and a body circling his own.

Scared of the sudden feeling -or lack thereof-, he placed his hand on Namjoon's chest, pushing him away softly and running his tongue over his lips, hands in his hair.

He cleared his throat, looking away to his shirt he'd let fall to the floor when they began to kiss.

"Let's get ready." He said, pulling the soft fabric over his head and getting the pants of the night before that hung from his office chair.

Namjoon nodded, biting his lip nervously as he fetched his own clothes for the day.

A/N:

thanks for reading everyone!
Hope you liked it and if you did, don't hesitate to comment your thoughts.

Happy new year and best of wishes :)