Awake

Prince
I woke up, staring straight up to my mirror tile ceiling. I was unable to move or make a sound. My body ached and my muscles were tense and sore. I felt like I was fighting a tiger. The only thing I could do was think. I looked down at my bloodstained hands and noticed, my finger nails were longer. What the hell was going on? God please I need answers! I shut my eyes and took deep breaths. Once I opened my eyes again I sat straight up. Slowly moving my neck from side to side I waved my arms. Still sore, I stood up looking out my window at the passing cars and snow. I walked carefully into my bathroom to look at my rectangle mirror above the sink. Besides blood, I didn't really know where this massive cut came from. I stared intently at my figure in the mirror. Grabbing my nail clippers from the drawer to the right side of me, I clipped my finger and turned the shower on.

I stepped into the shower letting the water rinse all the blood down from my body into the silver shower drain

I stepped into the shower letting the water rinse all the blood down from my body into the silver shower drain. I placed both my hands on the shower towel and dropped my head. After my shower I wrapped the towel around my wet body and rubbed my neck. "What the hell?" I ran my finger along my neck and felt something very unreal and alarming. I walked over to the mirror and turned my head to see the two holes on the right side of my neck.
I just know damn well that ain't what I think it is. What the hell is happening to me?! I ran out of the bathroom searching for clues, trying to see if I could find footprints anywhere in the house. I began to hear voices from a distance. Trying to block them out I ran downstairs to check around. Not a sound or even a trace. I checked everywhere and nothing. Walking back upstairs and reaching for the phone to dial 9-11. I paced back and forth til I saw my reflection. I was no longer on the ground but I was on the wall, walking upside down.
What the fuck is happening?! This can't be real! It can't be!!
Panicking trying to get down to the ground, I was now on top of the ceiling. I felt terrified and unbelievably angry. My anger became more intense with every thought process. I stood up walking down the side of my wall and unto the ground.
What happened to me? Who did this? Why? That's what those dreams are about? What am I? What have I become?
I was so angry everything I could touch got destroyed. I threw my nightstand against the wall causing it to break and the screws to fly out. Have I gone crazy? God please here me! Help me!
Elle
"Nawl I ain't get them shit for Christmas. For what, they don't mind me. I don't give a damn! Bye." After I was 6 that's when we stopped getting presents for Christmas. My grandmother and uncles always gave us Christmas gifts that we were so gracious and happy to have. Gina would be pissed off everytime they would give us presents. "The hell you lookin' at you stupid shit!" I placed my hands on the dark brown railing of the stairs and faced her. "I ain't never done nothin' to you Gina. What's ya problem baby? It's always something you gotta say. What ya mad at?" She took a pull at her cigarette and placed it in the newly used orange ash tray. "You just look like you got something to say." Rolling my eyes I folded my arms. "I look like I got something to say all the time? No that ain't it. What did I ever do to you? Ya know I've been sick of you for a long time..." She interrupted my sentence with a hearty laugh. "I've been sick of you for a long time too. Trust me baby the feelin' mutual. I been sick of all y'all honestly." And that's what kicked off the argument. We were goin' at it. We were arguing for so long we didn't see or hear Aubrey walk in. She walked over to her grabbing her arm. "You always starting something with us! We ain't did a damn thing to you! What type of mother are you?" Walking up the stairs into my room I grabbed my suitcase and began packing. Snatching the pictures from the blue colored walls I placed them in my photo album, sliding them into my suitcase. After looking around the now empty room, I had 4 large suitcases all ready to go. I walked downstairs taking the suitcases one by one out to my car. "And where the fuck you think you going ya dumb fuck! You ain't shit! Ain't none of yall shit!" I turned to look at her. I'm so disgusted with her presence. Everything about this woman irked me to my soul. I couldn't take it no more. "Bye leave! Mothafuck you, you dumbass bitch." Aubrey grabbed my arm as I made my way over to her. "C'mon let's go. She ain't worth it." We walked out slamming her doors causing the black panel door to bounce back open. I looked at that black and gray two story house and wanted to just run my car right through it. For so long I had been holding my tongue. Everything she said I let her slide but I can't keep doing this no more. I don't know what it is that I had done but I won't continue with her at all.

Prince
After almost eveything in the house was broken now. I walked around trying to calm down. She's upset. Where is she going? Why? Since I was 13 not only was this dream mind boggling but I always saw this girl. She was always there in my dream. Her hand in mine. Call it crazy but somehow since then I've been madly in love with her and I knew she would always be mine. I walked into my kitchen, feet hitting the marble white tile. I reached inside the mini bar to pour me a drink. Slowly looking up to see my calendar.
December 26th! You mean to tell me I slept for 3 days straight?!!!!
I poured two more glasses of Vodka and knocked them back like water. My heart began to beat faster and sweat ran down my head. The phone rang and I answered trying to calm down.
"What's wrong? Don't tell me nothin' cause I hear it in your voice. Prince? Prince!" I snapped out of this daze.
Elle, that's her name.
"I'm comin' over now." My mother hung up the phone and 30 minutes later she showed up. She opened the door and looked at the mess I made. Her eyes bucked, her face was a look of extreme concern and worry. "Prince, baby what happened?" She walked in further grabbing my hand into hers. "Did you get robbed? Are you hurt? I've been calling you for 3 days! " Looking away from those brown orbs, I sighed. "Somethin' happened. I think I was bit by something. I just woke up today." She shook her head sitting down next to me. "What you mean you just woke up today? When did this happen?" I looked at her examing her upset features. "The 23rd." Tears rolled down her face as she tried to speak.
"Let's go to the hospital now and don't disagree with me!" I touched my neck feeling the same bite marks. "I'm one step ahead of you."