219

Elle
We ran back to the limo and got inside. He gave Big Chick one hand signal and he started up that car. Honestly I didn't wanna go back home. I was having so much fun with him. He noticed my face and smiled. "Wassup?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I had fun." He cracked into a laugh that was really contagious causing me to laugh also. "Oh no mama. I ain't done with you yet. I ain't takin' ya home." He pulled out a fresh deck of cards and began to shuffle them. "How bout Gin Rumney?" Blushing hard, I tried to cover my face. He shuffled them and we were going head to head. "You cheatin'." I laughed at him losing 50 points. After that we played 21 Black Jack which he beat me at. I think he cheated. It was now 3 in the morning when he pulled up behind the house. "Ain't no need to pout baby. I'm coming back soon. We'll see each other again." I just really didn't wanna go back home.

Being with him was exciting and fun. We walked over to the window and he chuckled at my sad, pouty expression. He walked closer and kissed my cheek. "Baby I'll be back. If not this week, then next week." I didn't have a choice but to agree to it. I slowly nodded my head and lifted up the window to get in. He kissed me one last time and left once I was inside safely. I waved to him and watched as he winked at me. "What up hot ass?" I was surprised she was still up. She was there looking at me with a silly little smirk on her face.

It was now May 9th, graduation was close by and I couldn't wait. Things over at the company was going good and I was excited about California. "Ya man ain't called in a few days. Wassup with that?" I rolled my eyes laughing at my sister who was propped up before me with listening ears. "I dunno." She grabbed an oven mit, sliding it down her left hand. Reaching into the stove she grabbed the hot glass pan pulling out smothered porkchops. "Ya dunno? Shit. He do know ya graduation is comin' up right? He gone show?" Humping my shoulders I grabbed a plate down from the cabinet. "Usually he'll call every other day." I wanted to change the conversation so I out on some Aretha. "Ohh chile, now that's the groove." The more I thought about it and the more days that passed, he didn't call or show up. My dreams happened every night. I just wish I knew what it was all about.

"Wake up heffa. Its graduation day!!" She ran over to me jumping up and down on the bed causing the navy blue bed sheets to flounce up and down. I got up and walked into the kitchen. "So my baby sis is graduatin' today! Hot damn, don't it feel good!!?" I laughed as he did his little happy dance. I wasn't nervous or scared, I was ready to receive my diploma and get out of that school. I hate it there. I already had my outfit laid out and shoes to match. The only thing I had to do was chill. I sat in front of the TV watching Claudine for the thousandth time. Diahann Carrol is just the perfect epitome of grace, class, beauty, and poise. I love her to death. After graduation we celebrated. My cousins were here to celebrate with me. "Boom! I'm in this mothafuckin' room! Where my girl at?" I smiled as he made his way towards me to give me a bear hug. My aunt followed behind him with a card in her hand. We partied all night long. The atmosphere was of happiness and joy. I went into my room and began packing for tomorrow. Tomorrow I was on my way to California.

Prince
"Prince listen to me..." I hung up the phone as I made my way to the studio. Vanity seemed to call almost every day or every other day which was quite tiring to say the least. After rehearsals I boarded a private plane to California. When I landed it was 9PM and I headed straight for her hotel. Once I made it to Luxor Hotel and Casino, I went straight to her room. I didn't stop at the front desk nor did I have a key. I walked down the lond carpeted hall until the sweet smell of her perfume tickled my nose. Room 219. Here we go. I knocked as I covered her peek hole. She was on the phone talking when she opened the door but she wasn't looking my way. I slipped in and sat down in the cushioned chair that was beside her bed. She peeped out of the room and closed the door with a very confused expression resting on that lovely face of hers. "Elle." She nearly jumped out of her skin once she saw me. "What are you doin' here? Hold up gimme a minute." I laughed at her frightened expression. She hung up the phone sat down on the bed. "Well I couldn't make it yesterday due to shows." She smiled to reassure me. "You are a very busy man. I knew you would probably be busy. Thank you for thinkin' of me still." I smiled handing her a bouquet of lovely flowers. "These are wonderful. Thank you. Ain't you supposed to be doing a concert?" I smiled as I looked around her room. "Keepin' track of me ain't ya?" She smirked watching me sit down next to her. "How did you know what hotel I was at and the room number?" Playfully I shrugged my shoulders as we layed back on the bed. "I just know mama."
Elle
I sat up to look at those eyes which grabbed my attention and he smiled at me. "Maybe I should just take them out and put em in a jar for you to keep." We laughed and he grabbed my hand. "I know I haven't called you in a while. I've been busy with press and all the shows." I smiled as he squeezed my hand. "Its ok." We layed there talking and enjoying each other. I noticed it was getting late and he noticed me looking at the clock. "Wassup?" I sat up crossing my legs. "Don't you have shows or something?" The corners of his mouth formed upward into a smile. "No mama. I'm here with you. So you tryna get rid of me?" I laughed as he began his dramatic fake cry. He flipped on the tv as we sat back against the headboard. "You gotta girlfriend?" Shaking his head, he turned his body towards me with a smile. "No ma'am. And I know you don't have a lil boyfriend." A light chuckled escaped my glossy lips before speaking. "And how you know?" He smirked. "Because you would've told me to leave soon as I got here. And all the time we hung out, you would've stopped it right there."

I smiled. "Besides I'm right where I wanna be. I kinda got this thang for this chick right? Oh she's outa sight!" I looked at him as he continued talking waiting for him to finish. "Gotta clue who it is?"  Is he tryna say what I think he is? Lil ole me? Hell nawl! No way!! Me?! Wait calm down! God my heart is goin' a mile a minute! "Who?" The way I said it in my head, is not the way it came out. He just smiled at me and turned back to the tv. We sat there silently for a moment. Not saying a word but I felt so warm. Out of no where, he hit me with a pillow. Now it was war.