- prologue

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade : prologue

fade : prologue

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN FLORENCE NAYA JOINED the first order, she was at her lowest low. Everyone she had ever loved had died, everything she had ever known was gone. Her name meant nothing, lineage worthless. The only thing she had left was what she had spent her whole life learning, a specific set of skills. She could shoot, extraordinarily so, and her hand to hand combat was better than anyone she had ever known. Even her father, who was the one that taught her to begin with. She was his pride and joy.

         The first order had already intruded her home planet, started buying from the locals — it was easy to sign up. She didn't exactly agree with their politics, never had, but that was the last thing she paid mind when she signed her name on that paper slip. It seemed like an amazing opportunity that had come out of nowhere, a sign, perhaps it was the world's way of apologizing. And maybe the world has a twisted sense of humor, taking everything from her before giving her a true purpose.

Her skills pushed her forward in rank quickly. It didn't take very long for General Hux to pay her a visit. After many months, he brought her under his personal care, placed her among his cadets. Somehow, Florence felt lucky. What the first order had given her was far better than the loneliness she lived in following the death of her parents. Ironically, they were behind their demise. She tried not to think about how much she was letting them down by joining the very thing they hated more than anything. It had been a moment of weakness and desperation, dreams of her being valuable and worthy. She knew she could be all that. With a blaster in hand, she could accomplish almost anything, and the first order had given her that chance.

She grew to become a valuable asset to general Hux, skilled in many areas after two years of training, she gained a reputation. She was strong. Ruthless after many mission in which she killed innocent people. Fearless. Worthy. Powerful. Lonely.

No amount of praise could ever seem to pull her out of her loneliness. It seemed to be a constant in her life. No one understood her, no one actually cared. She became just another someone. Someone who was good at what she did, yes. But still, no one actually knew her as anything else then Florence Naya, a killer.

She had begun to think that she was doomed for a life of loneliness, judged by nothing than her accomplishments and failures. Until him. Until a tormented, torn soul like herself comes into her life and she latches onto him like a crutch.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
[ words: 459 ]

we back on that bullshit baby!!

I've been trying to write a Kylo fanfic
since the force awakens came out, I shit you not, but nothing has quite satisfied me.
Finally, I'm happy with my characters
and this plot.

just a little note: I am not some Kylo Ren apologist. He is a bad man. His relationship with Florence isn't going to be a sweet one, it is going to be toxic because I don't believe Kylo is truly capable of love. Not in the way typical love stories go, anyway. He is manipulated and twisted, blinded by the promise of power. I'm going to write this conflict as contrast to the best of my extents.