- chapter twenty-four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter twenty-four─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KIJIMI IS ONE HORRIBLE DUMP of a planet. Dark and gloomy, cold, wet from rain and worst of all; it is heavily guarded by the first order. Every street is filled with troopers on patrol, banging down doors to search through the homes of anyone who would deny the first order rule and pose a threat to the order of the city. No one is safe, least of all, Florence and Lex who are here because he, apparently, has a quick pick-up. She doesn't even want to know what shady business he's gotten himself into over the years. She hasn't asked what the pick-up is, and she won't.

The moment they land, two stormtroopers approach the ship with guns in hand. Lex runs up to them, their conversation inaudible to Florence who hides in the cockpit, but she's most certain he is trying to play this off as smoothly as possible,, however her is most likely coming off real awkward, and in turn, quite suspicious. Talking has never been his strong suit.

        She holds her breath, listening to the troopers slow and menacing steps against the metal flooring as they search through the cargo. She quickly understands they will most certainly find her. The ship isn't large and there aren't many places to hide. This was an absolutely terrible plan to begin with, she should've just gone with Lex to meet them in the beginning. She places her face in the palms of her hands, letting out a small groan at her own stupidity.

          Her suspicions come true as the stormtroopers step inside the cockpit; she was already prepared to be faced with them and she acts quicker than she has ever done before, waving two fingers in front of them before they have the chance to ask for her name, ID, whatever it is they would want to ask. "There is nothing to see here," she says, voice firm and determined.

          "There is nothing to see here," they reply in unison before turning on their heel and walking back outside.

         Exhaling a breath, she meets with Lex in the cargo area. He looks confused, mostly. "What just happened?"

         "They didn't see me," she shrugs. It's a pointless lie, perhaps, but now is not the time to explain that she's force sensitive. They have things to do. He nods, not quite convinced but he accepts it.

         Sat perched on the foothill of a mountain above the city, they have a good overview of the city. "There is no way we're getting out alive."

"Not with that attitude we won't. I've been here before, Florence. Trust me when I say I know how to do this. In and out, quick as a wildfire." Lex sounds so confident in this, Florence has no reason not to believe him.