- chapter twenty-nine

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter twenty-nine

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

         NO ONE GETS ANY SLEEP THAT night. Everyone is bustling around, trying to decide which people should go to get the message. It is rather quickly decided that Finn and Poe should go on the falcon, bringing R2 with them. Florence has no plans of going, so she just sits amongst them all, silent, eyes trained on her hands, nervously picking at her nails.

       She hates this. Her newly found friends are already being taken away from her. Things are beginning to look bad for them — they're heading towards war. This may be a simple missions, just obtain some information from some far off planet, sounds simple enough. But this is the death of the peace and quiet she has enjoyed during her month long stay here. She has come to love this place, the people, mostly, but also the planet. It's humid, definitely, but it's and warm and sunny and she feels at home.

       She watches them leave early that morning, approaching Poe and Finn who are stood at the ramp of the falcon, bickering amongst themselves as always.

        "Good luck out there," Florence says when they turn to look at her, having noticed her walking toward them.

        "Thank you!" Finn smiles, but Poe glares at her. Jokingly.

        "You doubting my skills, Florence?" He tilts his head playfully.

        "Obviously," she deadpans. "No but seriously, the first order will be on your tail for sure." She is nervous. Anyone could tell. Mannerisms fumbling, breathing hitched — god, she feels utterly horrible.

         "Good thing we know how to pilot, then." Poe chuckles and points to Chewie who roars in confirmation. Florence smiles.

         "Of course. I have faith in you. But just in case, good luck," she smirks.

         Poe is having none of it. "Yeah yeah, see you in a couple of hours."

        Florence shakes her head. He sure knows how to get on her nerves. She lingers for a bit, watching them board the ship. She only leaves once they start firing the engines up, making her way back towards the center of the camp. It feels awfully depressing, she finds. Until now, everything was just talks. The emperor is on the rise for real now.

"I've been looking all over for you!" Rey appears beside her, quick steps to match with Florence's speed.

"Just saying goodbye to the guys," Florence explains softly, slowing down slightly.