- chapter thirty-nine

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter thirty nine

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ON THE DESERT PLANET OF TATOOINE, Ben and Florence stand just outside the Skywalker homestead. It is far from as beautiful as it once was, the years have filled the home with sand and worn the moisture structures down. But it still lingers with the feeling of home for Ben Solo where he stands, eyes glued to the sunset that casts an orange and pink hue over the sands that carry the story of his family.

It has taken him many years to accept who he is, but walking hand in hand with the woman who will eventually become his wife, Ben Solo feels at peace with who he is, the blood in his veins and the legacy that was passed onto him.

         Once, he despised his name. Who he was, what the name meant to him. He threw it all away only to spend the next odd years suffering under a cruel supreme leader who took advantage of Ben's weaknesses when he was but a lost teenager with no one to turn to. He has changed. Perhaps Florence changed him. Perhaps she just nudged him in the right direction but either way, he knows to thank her for where he is today.

Florence nudges him in the side as to bring him out of his thinking. He glances at her, the smile on his lips broadening. "You okay?" She asks, voice soft and tone caring.

"I'm great," his voice comes out more a whisper than he had intended. He squeezes her hand gently. "Come on, we should probably head back to Mos Eisley, don't you think?"

"Yeah, but we'll stay here as long as you want. Tomorrow, let's find that base, yeah?"

"Mhm," he murmurs quietly. He takes a step to the ledge, looking down into the old home. He would go down there but it seems a hassle and he's not sure he would find anything particularly interesting anyways. Just scrap, probably. Old belongings of a family that were killed one normal day. He just wanted to see it, that's all. A place that carries a lot of history for his family.

He turns around to look at her, the evening sun tinting her skin a few shades darker than it usually is — she looks like she's glowing. She looks luminous where she's stood, hair pulled up into a handful of braids collected in a bun on the back of her head, the rest falling over her shoulders and a short dress hugging her pregnant figure. Ben had not been so keen on continuing their quest as she has come farther into the pregnancy, but being who she is, she convinced him they needed to go on just a little bit longer. "We can go now."

She tilts her head, a smile playing on her lips as she playfully glares at him, having noticed him staring at her like fool. "You sure?"