- chapter twelve

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter twelve

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          THE RESISTANCE IS evacuating D'Qar by the time the first order reaches the green planet. At that point, Ben and Florence are training together as they always are, neither do them involved in the attack. They've left that to Hux. But it's strange between them now, their dynamic has shifted. All she can think about is what they have, the nights they've spent together. She looks at him and she feels both terrified and calm.

She looks at him and Florence is certain she has never known a feeling quite like this one, so overwhelming yet so wonderful. Being in love with Ben Solo is both burning and freezing, it is drowning and floating, it is blissful and painful all at once; she can't wrap her head around it. She shouldn't want him. He is forbidden fruit and yet she wants him more than anything.

         Ben and Florence have been summoned fo Snoke's throne room. Together. Both of them.

Standing side by side in the elevator, Florence is shaking with nerves. "What do we do?" She asks, eyes trained on her trembling hands.

         "What do you mean?" He looks down at her. He knows exactly what she means, he's terrified beyond belief, but he's also trying damn hard not to let that show. He needs to act unbothered so she can feel safe and secure. This won't work unless they both appear as normal.

         "He'll know, right? Like, he'll surely be able to tell."

          "Don't worry about that. I've got it. You don't speak unless spoken to, don't say anything you don't have to." He says, eyes deep in into hers.

         She nods, looking straight ahead. "Alright then." She decides to trust him, it's all she can really do in this moment.

The door opens and they walks inside slowly, Florence immediately notices Hux standing in front of the supreme leader. "Tied in a string indeed, the resistance will soon be in our grasp," Snoke says, sounding rather pleased despite how awfully things just went down.

"Thank you, supreme leader," Hux nods curtly before turning around, hands clasped on his back as he walks out, exchanging a look with Florence on his way.

"You wonder why I keep a rabid cur in such a place of power?" He looks at them both. "A cur's weakness, properly manipulates, can be a sharp tool..." he speaks, before his face falls slightly. "How's your wounds?"