- chapter eleven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade : chapter eleven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE FIRST TIME FLORENCE killed someone, she was seventeen years old. It was a spur of the moment, protect your family kind of kill. She picked the gun up without hesitation and killed a robber that came into their home. Her mother was worried sick about her, terrified about how it would affect her daughter, but Florence wasn't bothered. She had done it to protect her family and there wasn't a single inch of regret in her body. This is exactly what her father had prepared her for.

The second time she killed, she mowed down a handful of stormtroopers after fleeing her home. It was the day of, as she calls it. The day that changed her life forever.

         Her mother and father had begged her to go, and she listened to them, gun in hand she regrettably fled her home and into the woods. She hid behind a tree and killed the two troopers that followed her, then the rest that came after. It was terrifying, but she did it. She successfully hid away in the woods until it was clear. When she finally returned to her home, the air was thick with smoke from gunfire; an image that would forever be etched in her mind. She remember the feeling well, the pure rage burning inside of her as she looked at her parents' dead bodies, her destroyed home. She didn't feel bad about the lives she took, but rather, she felt euphoric.

          But killing is different when it's innocent people. That kind of killing haunts her for years. Plagues her dreams and mind, it changes you in a way Florence can't explain. She hates it, and she hates doing it, but she's always been one to follow orders, and if following orders means killing innocent people, she will, and she finds ways to deal with her pain in silence.

         Her eyes shoot open and she finds herself in bed next to Ben who stirs awake as she sits up, sheets pulled up to cover her body as she ties her hair up. She's shaking like a leaf in the wind.

         "You okay?" He asks, head buried into his pillow.

         "Yes. No. I don't know. I just remembered something," she says, distant and lost in thought. She wraps the sheet around her body and walks into the bathroom. Standing in front of her mirror, she pulls the sheet up just enough so that she can see her left thigh well enough.  Quietly, she examines a scar. It's healed nicely, but it was a hell to treat, deep and incredibly painful.

The memories come at her like a slap to the face. She had forgotten, she had truly forgotten about the once most important person in her life. Her baby brother, with doe brown eyes filled with wonder at the smallest of things, a mop of curly brown hair that always got in his eyes. The one person she loved more than anything, who she swore to protect with her life.