Chapter 1: Tom and Jerry

Lily's POV
—————

I walk the halls of O'Conner High like every other day, with the normal preying eyes watching me.

I'm not a fucking mouse and they're not damn cats and this isn't Tom and Jerry, so why do they constantly look at me like I'm they're next meal?

They only want what they can't have.

I just roll my eyes at them and go to my locker, I open it and as I gather my books I'm suddenly interrupted by one of the most persistent boys I've ever seen.

"Hey Lily, so, will you go out with me?" Luke asks with big hopeful doe eyes.

"No." I bluntly tell him. Luke tries this everyday and this is my response everyday.

"But-" Luke tries.

"No. When a lady says no, it means no. So stop fucking pestering me you brat." I spit out in annoyance as I slam my locker and walk away.

Ugh. The boys in this school are annoying, many of them have given up and now just call me a prude, but then there's the occasional pestering ones that are just like little ants. They need to be squished and stomped on.

I smirk at my thought, and walk to first period.

AP Calculus with Mrs. Fern.

As usual, I'm the last one there. And no one touched my normal spot. Perfect.

Mrs. Fern starts her lesson, and I take notes and listen, and my eyes wander around the classroom when I notice an empty seat.

My brows furrow, who wasn't here? Oh yeah, that Miles kid. I think he moved to New Jersey or something. He was one of the only boys that didn't bother me, as he was more interested in studying and getting A's.

I go back to my notes, and then the classroom door is harshly opened and then slammed. I look up, and I see a new kid. He has the classic it-boy look, but his smirk told us a different story.

"Class, looks like we have a new student. I wasn't aware of this, but please introduce yourself." Mrs. Fern started rummaging through piles of papers on her desk.

"Xavier." He answered.

He scans over the students, when his eyes land on me. His smirk grows.

Another boy that's gonna pester me. Yay.

I roll my eyes and let out a huff. Oh this is gonna be fun.

-------

I gather my things and rush out the door a split second after the bell rings. I didn't look back to see if anymore students rushed out like I was as I quickly went to my locker. I have History next, and that room was only two doors down, so once I put all my things in my locker I just let out a small sigh as I could relax for a minute.

An arm suddenly appears next to me and closes my locker and leans on it. I then noticed the arm is attached to the new boy.

"I'm Xavier, and you are?" He asked, and gives me a flash of his oh so charming smile.

"Lily." I answered, trying to keep this conversation to a minimal.

"So, you wanna go on a date with me?" Xavier asked.

"Nope." I said bluntly.

"Okay so I'll pick- wait what? Well, why not?" Xavier exclaimed.

"Because." I said.

"Because what?" Xavier asked, getting frustrated.

"Because I said no." I said, and I slammed my locker door in his face and walked away.

"Okay maybe I was too blunt, how 'bout we get to know each other first?" He asks, following me to my next class.

"Nope." I say popping the p.

"Why not? Can't you give me a chance?" Xavier says, giving me a small sad grin in hopes of guilting me.

"No. I'm not entitled to giving you a chance and if I don't want to, I don't have to." I explain, hoping he'll understand.

He opens and closes his mouth multiple time, in shock.

I turn around and walk into History, he follows me, and even sits in the seat next to me.

"What are you doing?" I whisper scream.

"Looks like we have a few of the same classes." Is all Xavier says, and then he looks at the front of the room and the teacher begins the lesson.

-------

Turns out, Xavier and I have more than just 'a few' of the same classes. We have ALL of the same classes. He followed me the entire day, sat next to me the entire day, and continued asking me out throughout every single class.

I almost punched him at lunch when he thought calling me baby, honey, and sugar-cakes would get me to say yes.

I let out a happy sigh, when I open the school doors and begin the walk to my house. Finally, he can't annoy me anymore.

"Hey Lily!" Xavier exclaims next to me after tapping my shoulder and SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

"Ugh!" Is all I say, as I start walking faster in the direction of my house.

All he does is speed up.

"So, you doing anything tonight?" He asks, and I can practically smell the hopefullness in his voice.

"Yep." I answer. Technically, that wasn't a lie. I was going to watch Netflix.

"Well, not anymore. Come out with me, just as friends hanging out, and we can go to my house and watch a movie. I won't try anything fishy." Xavier offers, well practically demanded.

I stop walking and let out a sigh. I'm going to regret this later. So, so much.

"Fine, but it's only hanging out and it's only as friends. If you break one of these rules I break one of your bones." I warn him while pointing a finger into his chest.

"Yes! I can work with that!" He says, grinning like a child on Christmas day.

I roll my eyes. I'm already regretting this.

------

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's a bit short. Next chapter will actually be in Xavier's POV and it will most likely be a bit short as well, so I apologize ahead of time.

If you have any questions, comment them and I'll try my best to answer.

Please vote, comment, and share!