Chapter 30: A Lot Later...

Lily's POV

*8 Years Later*

—————

"Babe, can you get the door?" Andrea shouted from the kitchen.

"Of course." I got up from the couch and went over the entryway. I opened the door and moved out of the way so two familiar people could walk in.

"Oh Lily, I missed you so much!" Xavier pulled me into a tight hug.

"We see each other almost every day and you live next door." I deadpanned.

"Still, I'm allowed to miss you guys." He pulled away.

"How are you guys doing?" I turned my attention towards her.

"We're doing good, I'm just tired." She smiled.

"I am too, the first few months are exhausting but worth it." I nodded knowingly.

We heard a small whimper and we all looked down at the noise. She put down her carrier and picked up the baby.

"Sorry, I guess she decided her nap's done." She joked.

"It's alright, do you need to feed her or anything? If you do, you know where the bathroom is." I asked.

"It's all good, do you mind holding her for a minute while I just put my things away?" She looked down at her diaper bag.

"I don't mind at all." I gently took the baby from her grip.

"Why can't I hold her?" Xavier asked.

"You get to be with her all day, now it's my turn!" I turned and started walking over to the living room.

"Yay, you made it!" Andrea exclaimed, walking around the kitchen island and to us.

"Of course we did, you know what today is!" Xavier plopped down on the couch.

"Harry Potter marathon!" We all said simultaneously as Andrea sat down next to me.

Just like how Ted, Barney, and Marshall watched Star Wars every three years, we all got together and had a Harry Potter marathon at least once a year.

But we watched one movie a day for a week straight, and the last two movies all in one, because now that we had kids and jobs, we, sadly, couldn't just watch tv all day.

"Oh she's so cute. I missed you so much." Andrea cooed, gently taking the baby from my arms.

"Why is everyone stealing my baby?" Xavier exclaimed, trying to take her back to which Andrea shooed him away.

"Because she's so cute, yes you are." She cooed, tickling her belly and she giggled.

"Give me back my baby!" He finally got her back.

"Speaking of which, where are your children?" Xavier's wife interjected.

"They're all at my mom's house for a few hours." Andrea answered.

"Alright, do they need to be picked up?" She nodded, sitting down.

"No, she'll drop them off in a few hours." I shook my head.

She nodded and I turned on the movie and we all turned our attention to the tv.

"Rose, are you ready to watch your first ever Harry Potter movie?" Xavier whispered at her, playing with her hands.

We watched the first movie in the series, and just as the credits started rolling, the front door opened and clicks of shoes against the tile for closer and closer.