Chapter 25: Key Word: Attempt

Lily's POV
—————

"Good morning." I mumbled, my voice hoarse. I blinked a few times, my eyes adjusting to the light.

"Morning." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

After a moment she finally looked down and realized something.

"Last night did we?" She looked up at me.

I nodded.

"So it wasn't a dream again." She mumbled to herself, dazed.

"Again?" I raised a brow, playfulness in my tone.

"What? No!" She immediately denied it.

"Don't be embarrassed, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of it either." I admitted.

When she stayed silent, I started rambling, "Was last night okay? Did I go too far? Was I too rough?"

"No, it was amazing. Really amazing. You didn't go too far and you were a little rough, but honestly I really liked it." Her voice trailed off and she looked up at me.

"Good." I grabbed her waist gently and pulled her even closer to me. Then I moved my hand further down and squeezed.

She sucked in a sharp breath and her eyes met mine.

"Why don't I go take a shower? And then you can take one too." She suggested.

"Why don't we take one together?" I countered, putting my head in the crook of her neck and kissing up and down softly.

"I'd like that, but what if someone sees us?" She worried.

"I'll check beforehand, and I doubt anyone will. Your parents aren't back yet and Will's at a friend's house." I reassured her, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Okay, then let's do it. But we have to be quick, just in case." She nodded.

I grabbed one of her blankets and wrapped it around me as I shuffled over to her door. I cracked it open and peeked.

"The coast is clear." I looked both ways down the hallway.

She followed my lead, wrapping a blanket around her and walking over to her dresser. She grabbed clothes for both of us.

"Here." She handed me my clothes.

I looked one more time down the hallway before opening the door and shuffling over to the bathroom across the hall. Andrea trailed behind me, closing and locking the door behind her. We sat down our clothes on the counter and I turned on the shower while Andrea was putting her hair up in a bun.

Once the water was hot enough, I dropped the blanket and let it sit in the floor. I heard a gasp from behind me.

I moved the shower curtain and stepped in, "Are you sure you want to join me? If you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to."

"No, I want to. You just startled me." She explained.

She moved the curtain and stepped in, and I moved backwards to make space for her. She turned to face me, and I kept my focus on her.

"I won't look if you don't want me to." I told her.

"You can. Can I?" She asked.

"Of course." I nodded.

Then, both of our eyes began to wander, and when our eyes connected again I pulled her closer to me and connected our lips. We continued kissing until there was a loud knock on the door.