Chapter 29: A Dying Mandrake

Lily's POV
—————

"Oh my god! That was so much fun!" Andrea laughed after sitting back down.

"I wish I could try." Xavier frowned, eyes on the road.

"Lily you should try! It's so much fun!" Andrea encouraged.

"Maybe in a minute." I shrugged.

"Well I'm going back." She stood up again and put her head out the sunroof.

She stayed up there for a few moments, laughing and smiling, until there was a bridge above of the roads.

"Sticking my head out of the window is so much fun, my hair flows through the wind and the breeze is so nice. Plus you can see all the shops and building." She started rambling as she sat down, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"I'm gonna try it." I nodded after pausing.

Andrea looked excited as I stood up and stuck my head out.

And every thing she said about it, was right.

Although my cheeks were cold, I couldn't stop smiling as the wind blew through my hair.

"Woohooo!" My voice echoed through the air and I threw my hands in the air.

As we drove around, Andrea and I continued taking turns. And Xavier also made us stop and switch so he could have a turn as well.

"That really is fun." He nodded to himself as he sat back down.

"I know, right!" Andrea nodded rapidly.

"Are we almost to the Madame Tussaud's?" Xavier asked.

"Yep." I nodded.

For the rest of the day, we went all around the city. We took photos with wax mannequins, walked around malls and stores, bought souvenirs and candy, and even went into the fake Eiffel Tower. And now we were gonna be leaving in the afternoon tomorrow.

—————

*The Next Day*

—————

"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world!" Xavier sang.

"Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit!" Andrea continued.

"Oh god please make it stop." I groaned under my breath.

Xavier purposefully got louder, "He took the midnight train going anywhere!"

Andrea matched his tone, "I seen her in the smoking room!"

"That's it! No more music!" I announced, turning it off right as they began singing, "The smell of wine and cheap-."

"Hey!" They yelled simultaneously.

"I can't take it anymore, you two have been sining nonstop for hours!" I exclaimed, barely stoping myself from ripping my hair out.

"Well it's fun!" Xavier defended, and Andrea nodded in agreement.

"Not for me! I can't take any horribly sang pop songs!" I shook my head vigorously.

"First of all, our singing is amazing. And second of all, they are amazing pop songs!" Xavier scoffed.

"I beg to differ." I scoffed.