Chapter 6: Debby Downer

Lily's POV
—————

Xavier taps his pencil against his notebook, which makes me let out a huff. He has been constantly tapping his pencil and I swear he's doing it on purpose.

He stops for a few minutes, then begins to do it again.

"Arghh, just stop it, what do you want?" I exclaim, close to pulling my own hair out.

"Finally, I got your attention. Do we have to do our homework now?" He whines.

"Are you serious? You did that just so I'd pay attention to you?" I put my homework down and rub my forehead. If he had just asked, then I wouldn't have gotten a headache in the process.

"But you insisted."

"I did, just so we could enjoy the movie and get this out of the way." I explain. I could never enjoy myself if I didn't get my work done first.

"But I'm bored." He sighs dramatically, throwing his hands in the air.

I sigh, "Fine, let's just watch the movie then."

"Yay!" He shouts over-dramatically.

I let out a small smile, "Just get it started, please."

"Wow, would've never thought I would've seen the day Lily I don't know your last name would say please." He raises his eyebrows.

"Turn the fucking movie on before I walk home." I show my notes and books back into my backpack.

"Alright, alright." He walks towards the projector with hands raised and a smile on his face.

When he comes back with a remote in his right hand and a basket of food in his left.

My eyes widen at the sight of the love of my life.

Food.

"Give. Me." I demand.

He immediately hands over the basket and I quickly search the basket for my all-time favorite candy.

I sigh once a locate the heavenly sweet.

A Hershey's cookies and cream king size bar.

"Thank the lord." I mutter.

"What, do you like those?" He asks.

"Oh god yes, they are the definition of heaven on earth." I moan as I quickly unwrap the bar and bite into the goodness of cookies and cream.

"Well, they're my favorite too." He tells me, putting his hand into his back pocket and grabbing one he had kept there.

"Now I know you have good taste." I shrug, biting into the last square of the bar.

"How are you already done with that?" Xavier exclaims.

I just shrug in response.

—————

"That was nice, I suppose." I unclip my helmet and get off Xavier's motorcycle.

"Can we hang out again, maybe tomorrow?" He asks with hopefulness in his tone.

I'm going to regret this.

"I'll think about it, give me your phone and I'll put my number in it. Give me your your phone number too." I wait a moment for him to give me his phone, he stands there gaping at me.

"Hand me your phone before I change my mind." I huff.

He quickly begins patting around his jacket and pants, and then hands me his phone once he find it.