Chapter 26: Get Your Ass Back Here Now

Lily's POV
—————

"C'mon Andrea, hurry up, it's freezing!" I rushed in the door and held it open for her.

She ran over from the car to Xavier's front porch and up the stairs.

"Sorry, I had to grab my books." She sighed out as I closed the door behind her.

"Hey guys!" Xavier greeted, running down the steps to see us.

"Hey." Andrea smiled at him.

"Oh you poor things! You're soaked, let me go get you some towels!" Marie entered the room and rushed back out once she saw the state of our clothes.

"Are you guys okay?" Xavier furrowed his brows.

"Yeah, just a little cold. And wet." I motioned to my hair.

"Oh, yeah, sorry you guys had to go through that." He frowned.

"It's alright, we need to start studying soon. Just because we can't go to school doesn't mean we still shouldn't do school work." Andrea insisted.

Before Xavier could object, Marie walked back in the room, a towel in each of her arms.

"Here you go, warm up quickly because Mr. Daniels would like to speak with you in his office." Marie handed each of a us a towel.

"Again?" Andrea and I glanced at each other, confusion evident on each of our faces.

"Yes, I don't know about what, but not you Andrea. Only Lily." She looked at me.

I paused for a moment, "Okay. Also, I'm sorry if we made a bit of a mess." I gestured down to the floor that now had puddles of water on it.

"It's alright, Xavier can clean it up." She smiled knowingly at him, daring him to say otherwise.

"Fine." He grumbled and went off to grab supplies.

"Lily, do you remember the way to his office?" Marie asked.

"Yeah." I nodded as I pat down my hair with the towel.

"Alright then, Andrea, why don't you come to kitchen with me and help me start lunch?" She suggested. Andrea nodded and they started walking over to the kitchen. I quickly finished drying off and at first I didn't know where to put the towel, but I just put it on top of the puddle so no one would slip.

I began walking upstairs, turning down the familiar hall and knocking on the door.

"Come in." A loud voice instructed from the other side of the door.

I opened the door slowly and gently closed it behind me.

"Please, have a seat." He gestured towards the seats in front of him. I complied, walking over and sitting down, moving one of the chairs slightly so I was directly in front of him.

"What did you want to tell me?" I got straight to the point.

"It's not something to tell you, it's something to ask you. I have another proposition for you." He crossed his hands together and rested them on top of his desk.

"Go on." I encouraged, crossing my left leg over my right.

"I want you to come work at Daniels Inc. as an intern." He said. 

"Tell me more." I replied monotonous, trying to hide the confusion and excitement in my voice.

"It's a paid internship, and I want you to start once you start college." He elaborated,

"How much does it pay? And where would I be working? I thought you ran Daniels Inc. here, how would I be able to internship there if I'm over 800 miles away?" I asked.