Chapter 2: New Prey

Xavier's POV
—————

I walk through the halls of this new school, which looks like any basic high school. Hall full of lockers and students rushing to classes.

I see some girls in a line all going through their lockers. Mhm. New prey.

I think I'm gonna like it here.

I go to my assigned locker, having already gone to the front office and was given my information and schedule. As I'm putting in my combination, a group of boys approach me.

"What's up? I'm Nate, that's Jake, and that's Will." The guy in the middle, a blonde guy, says to me while pointing to each of the other guys.

Jake had short light brown hair and green eyes. Will had a similar hair cut, but with darker brown hair, and blue eyes. All three guys had similar muscular builds.

I just give them a little nod, "Xavier."

"Well, Xavier, do you like challenges?" Jake asks with a mischievous grin.

"Depends, what do you have for me?" I replied, beginning to get intrigued.

"Her." He said and nods over to this hot girl walking through the hall. She seemed about 5'6, with long black hair and striking green eyes. She has fair skin and wore a black sweatshirt crop top with black ripped jeans and black boots.

I lift my eyebrow, slightly confused about how she was the challenge.

"Not one boy in school has been able to get her out on a date with them, kiss them, or hook up with them. Many have tried and all have failed. So, let's make a bet. One month. You get one month to get Lily to be your girlfriend. If you win, we'll put in a good word for you with our coach and maybe you can join the basketball team with us. We'll even give you fifty bucks. If you lose, well you won't loose much except your dignity because all of us just want to see if she'll get with one of us. You in?" Jack explains, putting his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm in." I reply, shaking his hand while grinning.

We exchange numbers and I say goodbye before wandering through the halls.

------

While talking to the group of boys, I noticed Lily walking into a classroom, so I followed her.

"Class, looks like we have a new student. I wasn't aware of this, but please introduce yourself." The teacher furrowed her brows and started looking for a paper on her desk. I read her name on the wooden name tag on top of her desk, Mrs. Fern.

I wonder what this class even is.

"Xavier." I answered, looking around the room until my gaze lands in the girl I was looking for.

I let out a smirk, she sees me watching her and rolls her eyes and lets out a huff.

Oh this is gonna be fun.

--------

Turns out, when you just say you're the new kid to each teacher in class, they believe you. After my first class with mystery girl, I followed her to each and every one after.

While putting my books away in my locker and the homework I'm not going to do in my backpack, I spot her walking out of the building.

I quickly catch up to her.

"Hey Lily!" I tap her shoulder.

"Ugh." She continues walking as if I never talked to her. I continue walking down the sidewalk next to her.

"So, are you doing anything tonight?" I ask. Hopefully I can get this bet done in no time.

"Yep." She responds. She doesn't seem like a big talker.

"Well, not anymore. Come out with me, just as friends hanging out, and we can go to my house and watch a movie. I won't try anything fishy." I offer.

If she really is as hesitant to date like they say she is, then I have to gain her trust as a friend first.

When she stops walking, I almost trip and fall on my face because I had been following her so intently.

"Fine, but it's only hanging out and it's only as friends. If you break one of these rules I break one of your bones." She warns me.

I honestly don't doubt her.

"Yes! I can work with that!" I grin.

She rolls her eyes and starts to walk away again.

I'm gonna win her over in no time.

—————

This chapter was pretty short, but I wanted to show Xavier off and let you all have a look into his personality!

Please vote, comment, and share!