Chapter 5: Sit Here Soaking in the Rain

Xavier's POV
—————

"So, you made any progress?" Nate asks, the other boys moving towards me, waiting impatiently for me to tell them.

We were standing in the hall in front of my locker, Nate and Jake on my left, and Will on my right.

"We're hanging out after school today. This will be the second time we've met up after school." I inform them.

Nate's grin turns into a smirk, "Good job man, hopefully you can make a move soon."

"I'm taking it slow, like a cheetah trying to get its pray. I'm just waiting for the right time to pounce." I let out a smirk. I was making progress, and she'd practically be eating out of my palm soon.

Jake grins and nods his head in understanding, they all give me a high five before I notice Lily walking past me. I wink at the boys before making my way towards her.

"Hey! So, how'd I do today? Can we hang out again tonight?" I ask, flashing my usual charming smile.

"No." She answers bluntly.

Well, this is going well.

"Why not?" My smile dims, but I can't let this bring me down.

"Not today. Maybe tomorrow." She speaks softly.

"Alright, my place again, tomorrow after school?" I ask. If all goes to plan, tonight I can make groundbreaking progress.

"I'll think about it." She murmurs, trying time keep the conversation to a minimum.

"Okay, just let me know tomorrow!" I watch her quicken her pace, leaving me behind in her dust.

—————

* THE NEXT DAY AFTER LUNCH *

"Thanks for helping me set up, Marie." I thank my family's maid.

Her family has been working for my parents for years, her mother and father used to work for us and she grew up with my father and she had helped take care of me my entire life as well. She's practically my second mother.

Her husband, Antonio, had started working as a gardner here when he was a teenager and they met and fell in love and shortly after that got married. They had two daughters, Annabelle and Abigail, who were currently in college. I grew up with them my whole life and they were practically my sisters.

"It's no problem sweetie, whoever this is for must be special." She said with a smile, while fluffing up the throw pillows.

"She is." Is all I said.

Marie gives me one last grin along with a hug, and she goes to her house to take her leave for the night.

She had been apart of our family for so long, so she had her own house in the back of our backyard.

I let out a sigh. I've been working on a place for us to hangout since lunch. After she said yes, I immediately ditched the rest of my classes.

I had to make sure everything was perfect.

"Shit!" I mutter as I check my watch.

It was already 4:45 pm, I was over an hour late to pick Lily up.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I mutter in frustration, already strapping my helmet on.

I grab flowers from a random vase in the hallway, and I make my way back to my motorcycle.

Maybe flowers will soften the blow.

In this situation, blow meaning her punches as she attempts to break my bones.