Chapter 23: As Ready As I'll Ever Be

Lily's POV
—————

"I never asked you this yesterday, but when should we actually have our date?" I glanced at Andrea through the mirror, brushing my teeth.

"I don't know, I didn't think about that. What about today? We have nothing planned." She suggested after she spit into the sink.

Even though it was a Monday, the school had a plumbing issue and some classrooms had water damage, so we wouldn't be going in for the week.

"That works for me. How about we have dinner together?" I suggested, hoping she would say yes so everything would go according to plan.

"Sure." She nodded and moved out of the way so I could spit into the sink.

"Okay, then it's settled. Dinner tonight." I smiled at her through the mirror, washing my toothbrush.

She nodded and rinsed her brush after me, setting it down and walking out of the bathroom.

As soon as she walked into our room and closed the door, I grabbed my phone and started typing.

Lily: I need to borrow your house tonight.

Xavier: What for?

Lily: Andrea and I's date tonight.

Xavier: Fine, as long as I get to help you throughout it.

Lily: Fine by me, I was gonna force you to help me anyways.

Xavier: Just come over in a few hours to start preparing.

Lily: Fine. See you later.

I sighed out, relieved he had given in easily.

Just as I was about to open the bedroom door, Andrea opened it on the other side. She had on a Harry Potter houses grey t-shirt and black sweatpants, with her hair up in a bun.

"I'm gonna head downstairs and get food, are you gonna get dressed?" She asked.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Well I'll see you downstairs in a minute then." She smiled at me and started walking downstairs.

I entered the room and grabbed clothes from my designated drawer. I had yet to unpack my suitcases, as I was waiting to talk to my mom about that. I didn't know if I could move back in, or if my dad would kick me out again.

I decided on black leggings, because I was feeling a little lazy today, and a Queen graphic shirt.

I quickly changed and walked downstairs and to the kitchen. Andrea was already in there, grabbing a container of food Alexandra had left for us.

When she looked up and noticed me, she said, "There's eggs, sausages, and pancakes."

I walked over to her and noticed she was already putting food into two plates.

"Is this for me?" I raised a brow.

"Yep! I though that since I was already getting my food, I may as well grab some for you too. But if you don't want any of it, it's fine. I can just put it away and-" She started rambling until I kissed her gently.

"It looks amazing. Thank you." I grabbed the plate off the counter and walked over to the table, sitting down in my usual seat.

She stood there speechless for a moment before grabbing her plate and walking over to where I sat, sitting next to me.

"Do you want to do anything specific tonight?" She stabbed her fork into a sausage and took a bite.

"I have something in mind, but it's a surprise." I cut up a piece of pancake and ate it.