Chapter 17: Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

Lily's POV

* The Next Night *

—————

"I'm nervous." Andrea admitted, her leg slightly shaking as we drive to her house.

After school, she was too nervous to go home yet so we watched tv at my house, but now her mom called her to come back home for dinner, and we couldn't avoid it any longer.

"What if my parents hate me after this?" She furrowed her brows and fidgeted with her hands.

I turned into her driveway before reaching over and taking her hands and turning to face her, "But what if they're supportive?"

"We just have to be positive and hope it'll go well." I added after a moment.

She nodded and we both unbuckled and got out of the car, walking hand in hand to the front door. She got out her keys and unlocked the door, and as soon as we walked in Alexandra was hugging me.

"Sweetie, you didn't tell me you were coming for dinner!" She exclaimed.

Andrea started taking off her shoes and putting down her bag and I did the same after Alexandra let me go.

"What's for dinner mama?" Andrea asked.

"Lasagna." She answered, starting to walk towards the kitchen, and we followed her.

"It's already finished, so come and sit down at the table." She motioned towards the table that was already set up.

I nodded and we sat down next to each other, and she started setting down big bowls of food.

Then we started hearing creaks from the stairs, and soon enough Tom walked into the dining room and sat down across from Andrea.

"Hi girls." He said, putting a napkin in his lap.

"Hey Tom." I reply, and under the table I reach for Andrea's hand and interlock our fingers.

We chatted for a few moments until Alexandra came with the final plate and she sat down across from me.

"Where's Will?" Andrea asked.

"He decided to stay at a friend's house tonight, so it's just us for dinner." She explained, starting to our food on her plate.

Andrea nodded and we started putting food on our plates and eating.

After about five minutes of eating in silence, well Alexandra and Tom were eating. Andrea and I were mostly pushing around the food on our plate because we were too nervous to eat.

"Can we just address the elephant in the room? What's wrong sweetheart?" Alexandra asked, her tone filled with concern.

"I-we have to tell you guys something important." She dropped her fork and looked up at her parents.

"You can tell us anything." Tom encouraged, and they both dropped their forks and became more attentive. I dropped my fork and shifted over to face Andrea.

She took in a sharp breath, "I'm gay. Lily is gay. And I love her." She started tearing up.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, you only like girls?" Alexandra asked and Andrea nodded in confirmation.

"And you too?" She looked over at me and I nodded.

"And you two are dating?" She glanced at us back and forth and we both nodded.

"Finally! I've been waiting for years for this to happen! Yay!" She exclaimed and put her hands together excitedly.

"You've been-what?" Andrea and I looked at each other in confusion and then back at Alexandra.