Chapter 24: Three. Two. One.

Lily's POV
—————

"Andrea's waiting for you in the kitchen, and as requested her eyes are closed." Amelia told me after going downstairs to check on her.

"Okay, I'll go down then." I sucked in a sharp breath, and I planned on going, but my feet didn't move.

"Why aren't you going?" Amelia smiled softly at me.

"I'm nervous. What if she hates what I set up? What if I make a fool of myself?" My words got softer the more I spoke.

"You two have been friends for what, eight years? You can't ruin a friendship, or relationship, in one night. You two have been through so much, that even if every single thing that can go wrong, goes wrong, she'd still stay she had a nice time." She insisted.

"You're right, I know you are. But I still can't help but overthink and worry." I frowned.

"Once you see her you'll feel better, you just have to face your fears." She reassured.

"You're right." I sucked in a sharp breath.

"I can do this. I can do this." I whispered to myself as I opened the door and walked through the hallway.

I walked slowly down the stairs, my hand gliding over the railing.

I closed my eyes before turning around the corner to the kitchen, touching the wall gently to guide myself.

"Are you there Lily?" I heard Andrea's voice from across the room.

"Yes, is Xavier here too?" I asked, walking slowly with my hands in front of me.

"I'm right here, do you want me to guide you?" I could hear he was right in front of me.

I nodded and he grabbed my hands and walked me a few feet forward. He moved out of the way and that's when I reached out and felt Andrea's hands.

"Are you ready?" She rubbed my hands soothingly.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Of course." I could tell she was smiling.

"Xavier, do you mind helping us get outside?" I asked.

"Not at all." He walked over to us and I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

He opened the back door and held our hands, guiding us with one of us on each of his sides to the gazebo.

"Honestly, I did not think this through very well." I muttered as he helped us walk down the steps.

"You did not." He agreed.

Andrea giggled at our banter.

"Here you go, I'm gonna go grab the food quickly." He placed each of our hands on the chairs before walking back inside.

"Are you ready to open yours eyes?" I asked, standing behind the chair.

"I'm ready." She answered.

"Three." I sucked in a sharp breath.

"Two." She counted down.

"One." I rushed out the word, fluttering my eyes open.

I blinked for a moment and that's when I saw Andrea.

She wore a white floral sundress dress, with her curly hair down. Her makeup was similar to mine, with a simple nude look.

I sucked in a sharp breath, and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Oh my god." I spoke softly under my breath.