𝑖𝑥. 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗉𝖾𝗌𝗁𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋

ix
( 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗉𝖾𝗌𝗁𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 )

▬▬▬   LATER, Sam is on the side of the house, looking around

▬▬▬   LATER, Sam is on the side of the house, looking around. He looks inside two garbage cans but finds nothing. He moves to the front of the house, where Dean and Elena come behind him.

"Hey." Dean spoke out to Sam.

Sam turns around.

"Remember when I said this wasn't our kind of problem?" Dean asks Sam.

"Yeah."

"Definitely our kind of problem."

"What'd you find out?" Sam questioned.

"Well, I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked."

"So, he was two places at once." Sam states.

"Exactly. Then he sees himself in the house, police think he's a nutjob." Dean says.

"Two dark doubles attacking loved ones in exactly the same way."

"Could be the same thing doing it, too."

Sam thinks for a second, "Shapeshifter?" he asked.

Dean shrugs.

"Something that can make itself look like anyone?"

"Every culture in the world has a shapeshifter lore. You know, legends of creatures who can transform themselves into animals or other men." Dean says.

"Right, skinwalkers, werewolves."

"We've got two attacks within blocks of each other. I'm guessin' we've got a shapeshifter prowlin' the neighborhood."

"Let me ask you this, in all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?" Sam asked.

"Not that I know of." Dean replied.

"I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way."

"Just like your friend's house." Elena points out.

"Yeah. And, just like at Zack's house, the trail suddenly ends. I mean, whatever it is just disappeared."

"Well, there's another way to go, down."

They look down and notice a sewer.

✫☆✫

Elena and the brothers climb down the sewer.

"I bet this runs right by Zack's house, too. The shapeshifter could be using the sewer system to get around." Sam says.

"I think you're right. Look at this."