Chapter 28: "Call me Draco..."

Y/N P.O.V 

While the trio was having their conversation, I felt bad for not approaching Draco - I mean Malfoy or WHATEVER the kid with the platinum blond hair. He did save me during the chaos that happened during the Quidditch World Cup, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have found my brother and Merlin know's what could have happened to me back there. 

The lunch trolley came rattling alongthe corridor, "sweets for any of you?" asked the lady. Harry bought a large stack of Cauldron Cakes and shared it with the rest of us, while we were eating they might have wondered why I was so quiet. 

"Hey Y/N you alright?" Harry sweetly asked me.
"Yeah uhm... mind if I leave a bit? I'll be back real quick, I just need to check on something."
They looked at each other but figured that asking would only make things complicated "sure thing Y/N" I smiled at Harry and went out. 

Coincidentally, Draco's compartment was not far from ours and it was really easy to find him since he was the only guy in Hogwarts who has that hair. I knocked on the compartment and they seemed surprised to see me especially Draco. Pansy unlocked the door and embraced me "Y/N! I didn't see you earlier how are you?" I chuckled and hugged back Pansy "I missed you too Pansy" 

I entered the compartment and sat next to Crabbe and Goyle who both offered me chocolates that I happily accepted, we talked about numerous topics and told jokes every now and then. We even talked about the Quidditch World Cup but of course avoided the 'Dark Mark' part which bothered me, but then it made me remember what I went there to do. 

Draco was in the middle of laughing when I signaled him to go out for a while, he was smart enough to understand it so we both excused ourselves outside. 

"Uh... Hi?" I started the conversation, wow this is gonna be awkward.
"Hey" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, which honestly looked cute.
"Malfoy, I-uh just..." he starred at me curious, I gulped and said "I just wanted to say thank you."
He looked shocked and a hint of disappointment? Why? Was he expecting something else? I cleared my throat "I wanted to say thank you, for uh- saving me during the Quidditch World Cup chaos thing." 
He chuckled "no problem Y/N, I wouldn't have left knowing you were still at the camp."
"Huh? Why?" his face suddenly turned red.
"Be-because father tasked me to watch over you during that night" he said not making eye contact. I smirked at his actions then hugged him "still... thank you" he stood stiff and he didn't hug back, of course I didn't expect him to he's a 'Malfoy' after all. I backed away from the hug and he cleared his throat "I-I think we should change to our robes."
I smiled at him "Yes, Indeed Mr. Malfoy" then I turned back on him but he grabbed my arm.
"Y/N..." he said 
"hmmm??"
"Call me Draco" 

Draco P.O.V 

Y/N motioned me to go out for a while, what did she want to talk about? I nodded understanding her gesture and then excused ourselves outside. 

"Uh... Hi?" she said shyly, darn Y/N L/N the girl who got famous 'cuz of her confident now shy? This is rare but cute.
"Hey" I said rubbing the back of my neck, it's a nervous habit of mine.
"Malfoy, I-uh just..." I just? I just what? Wait wait is this a confession? Does she like me? Wait wait how would I react first, why now?!
"I just wanted to say thank you."she said finishing her sentence. I looked at her, probably staring like an idiot 'what the hell were you thinking Malfoy?!'

 She cleared her throat and I straightened myself up "I wanted to say thank you, for uh- saving me during the Quidditch World Cup chaos thing."
She's TOO thankful isn't she? I chuckled at the thought "no problem Y/N, I wouldn't have left knowing you were still at the camp."
"Huh? Why?" she asked. CRAP! CRAP! make an excuse Malfoy, think THINK!
"Be-because father tasked me to watch over you during that night" Merlin's sake get this over with.
 She went quiet for a while then suddenly... she hugged me "still... thank you" she said softly. I was about to put my arms around her but I stopped myself reputation Malfoy reputation.
She backed away from the hug and I cleared my throat "I-I think we should change to our robes."
She smiled at me so sweetly "Yes, Indeed Mr. Malfoy" she was about to walk away then I grabbed her hand
"Y/N..." 
"hmmm??" she said. 
"Call me Draco" she smiled at me again then nodded "okay Draco, let me get dressed" she chuckled and walked away. And there she goes, Y/N the girl I fell in love with