Chapter Forty Eight:

Date: November 4th 2019

Music. Lights Up - Harry Styles

argh I'm trying to self teach for a new language and it's going ok ,but due to my bad memory, I'm forgetting everything the next day.

Y/N

Blood dripped from my mouth, my legs shook uncontrollably as I tried to make it to a door.

"J-..Je..Je..." I struggled to say. It hurt..it hurt so much to talk. "J..J.eff..." I cried out.

I woke up again, almost having a mini seizure because of fear. I looked around me, to see our room. My body immediately began to calm when it realized I was safe.

"Jeff..?" I whispered, my voice hoarse. I searched for him, but he wasn't here. My heart clenched as I panicked. My breathing sped without my control.

I forced myself to stand up and ran of the room. When I had left the room, I rammed into Toby at full speed, causing both of us to fall.

Luckily, Toby cushioned my fall. We both sat in our butts on the floor. I grabbed Toby by the collar of his jacket. "Woah- w-what's happening?" He asked with confusion

"I'm..Scared.." I said as a whisper without thinking. He tilted his head before helping both of us up.

"Let's just-t-t go downsta-irs o-okay?" He told me before lifting up his goggles onto his forehead

He forced me into the kitchen, I was still in shock at the nightmare.

My thoughts went to what EJ had told us.  He mentioned the nightmares becoming real. I placed my hand onto my chest.

What does he mean? My eyes widened. My breathing became heavier. Toby glanced up to me, his hazel eyes stared at me with curiosity.

I stared back in panic at what was happening to me. I couldn't control it, I wouldn't calm down.

"Look!" Toby said softly, gaining my attention. My eyes went to his hand, he held a toy squid.

Then he squished it, the toy let out a loud squeak. Instantly, I heard a pitter of light paws hitting the floor.

Then Jeff's dog came running down the stairs like a madman, falling down the way, but immediately getting back up and sprinting to Toby.

His name was Smile Dog right? He looked slightly adorable, but at the same time his face scared me

My heart began to slow, I could think properly now. I let out a relieved sigh.

He jumped at Toby, biting the toy, swinging it around like crazy and tackling the toy.

I got onto my knees slowly and reached my hand out towards him. His ears perked up as he stared at my hand with the weirdest look ever.

He sniffed my hand before snarling and running away.

My heart snapped as I sat there in a depressed state.

Rejection hurt.

"Oh-.. I t-think he likes you." Toby said with a happy tone.