Chapter Fifty Five:

October 10th 2020

Music: Rick James- Super Freak (slowed + reverb)

Y/N

I slightly felt awkward when Jeff's eyes were locked onto me. He noticed how uncomfortable I was, but didn't move his gaze.

It was an unreadable expression.

Eyeless Jack was patching him up and doing blood tests to make sure that he was doing alright.

"You're doing great actually." Eyeless Jack spoke with hints of surprise. "As expected from Jeff."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Jeff grumbled before giving a pained wince. My heart tightened at the sight.

"Jeff, you're so fucking stupid sometimes, it's so fucking annoying." Ben began to start a rant, sometimes showing that he was actually a bit angry.

Jeff rolled his eyes, obviously not understanding that Ben was trying to show that he cared.

"Boohoo! I'm not fucking dead yet." Jeff said with irritation.

I let out a soft sigh, was it of relief? I wasn't sure. But I was glad to have seen Jeff's bitchy side back.

"Jeff. I'm this close to strangling you in your sleep" Ben said bluntly. "i'M sërîøUS"

When he spoke those two words, he began to glitch, before letting out a sharp sigh, the glitching haunting as he covered his face.

Jeff scoffed and shook his head with disbelief. I assume because he was beyond annoyed at everything right now.

I could also hear EJ giving a sigh of annoyance. Obviously he had to see their stupidity a lot.

"Jeff. Bens right. You know that right?" Hoodie mumbled. "Keep this up and-"

"Shut up. Okay? Everyone shut up. Just for a fucking minute. My heads fucking rolling and y'all keep on grilling me" Jeff snapped before letting out a shaky exhale.

Toby furrowed his brow, showing worry instead of being offended by Jeff's statement.

My chest felt heavier, I tilted my head and tried to see his expression, but his hair covered his face.

I frowned, I wanted to help. I was about to nudge him and try to ask him what was wrong, but it was not the right time.

I kept on fidgeting, it seemed to have become a new habit whenever I got into a nerve wrecking situation.

The room was quiet, everyone was focused on Jeff...

But..

Jeff's attention turned back onto me. I could feel his eyes burning into my soul.

I arched a brow, confused by why he kept on looking at me with a death glare.

"W...wha...?" I murmured to him, my tongue stung every time I tried to annunciate a word.

His eyes seemed to soften with both guilt and hurt when he heard me speak. He looked away from me, not answering.