Chapter 3: It's Just a Dream!

Third person POV

Once Aviva was asleep, Sebastian came to check in on her. 'Is she..wearing my shirt?' He thought to himself. He sighed and tucked her in properly. He then left the room to prepare for tomorrow.

Time Skip

The sound of curtains being opened woke up Aviva. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She realised she hadn't gone anywhere and jumped out of bed.

Sebastian turned to her and bowed slightly. "Good morning, my lady. I suggest you get dressed, my master wishes to speak with you after breakfast." He said.

Aviva was confused beyond belief. She looked at the strange tall man by the window. His crimson eyes and raven hair was a dead giveaway to his identity. Now she was freaked out.

"No...no no no. This is a dream." She said trying to convince herself. She was inching towards the door.

"I apologise my lady, but this is certainly not a dream." He said stoically.

"No. This is a dream." She said a bit more forceful. "You," she said pointing to the demon, "aren't real." She said confidently. "This," Aviva said motioning to her surroundings, "isn't real." She said starting to get frightened.

Aviva POV

This is absolutely bonkers. This has to be a dream. There's only one way to find out. I turned and bolted out the door in search of an upstairs. I ran and ascended the stair case to find a room with a balcony.

My sure-fire way of proving it was a dream. Jumping out a window. Whenever I know I'm dreaming I always try to fly, but whenever I try I wake up. It works every time.

I opened doors to each room. Hoping to find an openable window on each in. Cursing to my self each time I couldn't find one. After bursting into 3 rooms to no avail, I found a locked room. I don't know why...but I was angry it was locked. I shook the doors angrily and growled. I don't know why but I had to open these doors.

I started banging on the doors which escalated into violently shaking the door handles. I was letting out all my frustration and anxiety of the situation out on these doors. I kept repeating to myself that this is all just a dream. I started to panic. After letting a few tears fall, I stopped.

I cursed to myself and slammed my hand once more on the door in frustration. I took a deep breath and gave up to find some windows. I checked two more rooms to no avail. But then...victory.

It was in a study. There's someone in the study. At the desk. Ok this is definitely a dream. More proof right there. The Earl of Phantomhive, Ciel.

Third person POV

She looked at the boy in shock. To be fair, he was just as shocked. She kept repeating the same words in her head. 'It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream.'

"I see you're finally awake." He said standing up. Aviva ran past him, ignoring him and made it to the windows. "What do think you're doing?" He asked, obviously confused and angry she ignored him.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He asked looking at the strange girl before him.

She opened the windows and stood on the ledge.

"Don't worry about it! It's all just a dream." She said still trying to convince herself.

"Sebastian! I order you, stop her!" He commanded.

'If it works, it works. If not.....I've lived a good life...mostly.' She thought before taking a deep breath.

Aviva POV

I looked out to what might be my last time seeing a beautiful sky, and jumped. Falling felt like hours and instantaneous at the same time. I felt something wrap around me as I stopped falling. I opened my eyes.

To my surprise...I was still here. But this time I was being held....by Sebastian. My heart was racing.

"Are you alright miss?" He asked looking deep into my eyes. His crimson ones were certainly intimidating, yet captivating.

I couldn't bring myself to speak, I was still in shock. I nodded quickly.

"Good." He said, giving me his closed-eyes smile. "Now let's get you some proper clothes. We can't have you running around in my shirt forever." He said before carrying me inside. That comment made me blush.

He carried me inside and up the stairs to a guest room. He set me down in front of the bed. He placed his hand over his chest and bent over to my eye level.  Now I was in for it. I was wide eyed and I hadn't even noticed I held my breath.

"You'll find the proper attire in the closet. Would you like help getting dressed? Or perhaps I can call in the maid to help?" He said not breaking eye contact.

I was almost petrified. "T-the maid...please." I whispered. I knew fully well of Mey-rin but I couldn't let him know that. He stood up straight and gave me his closed-eyes smile.

"Very well, my lady." He said bowing his head before leaving.

I sat down on the bed and hanged my head. This can't be happening. How could I be here? Here doesn't even exist!! And more importantly...how the hell am I gonna get back? I cried silently, trying to contain an anxiety attack. And yet....here I am. In the Phantomhive Manor. Waiting for Mey-rin to come help me change.