Chapter 27: I've Always Known

Aviva POV

I was startled awake by a nightmare. I put my head in my hands. It was awful. I woke up as soon as Grell slashed my chest with his chainsaw. God, I hope my visions aren't spilling into my dreams. Unless it was a warning. I really don't like this. I looked back up. I was back in the townhouse. I looked down. DAMMIT SEBASTIAN CHANGED ME AGAIN. My face started burning. I jumped out of bed and changed into my uniform. I started to make my way to the kitchen...but I got lost again. I huffed and put my hands on my hips.

"Lost again, Miss Aviva?" I heard from behind me. He scared me one too many times.

"Damn you, demon butler!" I snapped, jumping out of my skin. Shit!! I gasped, turned around, and covered my mouth with my hands. We just stared at each other for a minute. My heart was racing.

"How long have you known?" He asked calmly. I slowly put my hands down and gulped.

"I've always known." I said quietly, slowly taking his right hand. He didn't try to stop me. I slowly took his glove off, revealing his Faustian contract. I looked at his hand and examined the sign. I ran my thumb over it. I'm not going to lie, I was very fascinated considering demons and reapers and shit were a part of my new life.

"You've known...and about the young master?" He asked watching me.

"Yeah." I said giving him his glove back.

Sebastian POV

I put my glove back on. She's known the whole time. After everything I've done. After everything I've done to her....and she's okay with this? With me? If I told any other human that I would be consuming Ciel's soul they would try and stop me. Be furious...or want nothing to do with me. I don't understand her....why do I want to? When I saw her dancing with the Viscount, I felt the same anger when she met Ash. Why?! How can this mere human make me...feel?!

If she knows about me...does she know about him? Or even Grell? How much does she know? What could she possibly be to make me feel angry? Or even...content? With anything she tells me, she just leaves me asking more. I want to know more.

"W-would it be ok if I made the young master's breakfast?" She asked me shyly.

"Well, it might help to know where the kitchen is." I said smirking. She laughed, embarrassed. "Come. I'll show you." I told her before leading her there.

Aviva POV

Well, that went....well? I can't even tell. Can never tell with that demon. But...I think we're ok. We walked to the kitchen in silence. That was definitely awkward...well for me at least. I shook it off and thought of what to make. Oh, I know just the thing!

I pulled out everything I needed and set it all up on the island. I started to work and on Ciel's breakfast. Oh, he's gonna love this! For some reason, cooking put me in a really good mood. I didn't even realize it, but I had started humming parts of Swan Lake. Yeah, the ballet. I'm a bit of a Tchaikovsky fan. Well, I guess Sebastian realized it, I keep catching him smirking at me. Turns out I was humming for a while, considering I was finishing up plating Ciel's breakfast. I cleaned up my uniform up as best as I could. As a Phantomhive servant, I have standards to live up to. I grabbed the tray with breakfast and made my way to Ciel's study.